User Tag List

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1347

Thread: Willian

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked for it, thought he was one of Brazilians who had Italian passport from the start like Kaka but apparently he wasn't

It was alleged that Maxwell registered as an EU player during 2006 to 2009 with Inter, but he was signed by Barcelona as a non-EU player (Brazil), as Maxwell did not present a passport from a European country. UEFA started to investigate the case in August 2010,[19] but in fact Inter signed him as a domestic transfer and he arrived in Italy as a non-EU player for Empoli, and had not violated Italian Football Federation (FIGC) regulations. FIGC only restricted Italian football clubs from signing non-EU players from abroad, except 1 quota (2 as of the 2011–2012 season) is given to Serie A clubs per season if the club released or sold abroad the non-EU player, or the player himself got an EU nationality.

On 25 August 2010, Inter declared that Maxwell was always a non-EU player with the club.[20]
    Anyway, we had plenty of non-eu players who weren't starters. The rules in Liga is pretty easy (half the globe are considered domestic, those with EU wives are considered domestic, and Latin players gets EU passport in 3 years max) so depending on circumstances, we don't always need to make non-EU players a starter. Doesn't take anything from the player himself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dodge the bullet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Looked for it, thought he was one of Brazilians who had Italian passport from the start like Kaka but apparently he wasn't

Anyway, we had plenty of non-eu players who weren't starters. The rules in Liga is pretty easy (half the globe are considered domestic, those with EU wives are considered domestic, and Latin players gets EU passport in 3 years max) so depending on circumstances, we don't always need to make non-EU players a starter. Doesn't take anything from the player himself
    Yes of course it doesnt I just don't rate those players highly. We've had some Amazing Brazilian players in our time and I have no issues with the top tier players! I just find it odd that players are hyped just because fo their nationality rather than their ability.

For a recent example you Just have to look at Coutinho to see the same thing happening there. He was massively over rated by a majority of fans when there are players in the same league that have been more consistent and better then he was, they also fit our system. Or. Lack there of much better. Another less controversial example is Jesus... Thee are so many barzailian players who are hyped go for big fees and accomplish nothing.

Although Neymar burnt us, he is the type of player we can use and would fit our system. Would I accept him Back at barca? Hell no.
    Alves I see as one of the best right backs ever, so looking back at how many players I loved were brazallian Maybe in retrospect i am fairly harsh on them because I expect so much from them.
    Last edited by Respekt_III; 10th January 2019 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than him being a workhorse and having some decent technical ability here's nothing to him that suggests that we should have paid over the odds for him during the summer.

He's the perfect example of a player who can create an illusion that he's something special one game and be useless in the next following games.

The Culest
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thread @BBZ8800 can't visit anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What, the Man City Gabriel Jesus? One of the top10 strikers in the world today?
    Pique is a quality player and a top notch leader. If I were a Barca fan I'd keep him till 36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Wearing the white shirt automatically makes you lose braincells, or something...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours say we bid 50m and Chelsea didnt accept. If that is true, I really don't get it. I understand that his profile is the right fit for the RW, but paying 50m for a 30yo and a huge wage is plain stupid. And probably on a 4 year contract. Is this Abidals work??

The Culest
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarri take this personally to your ego, dig in your heels and don't let Willian go. Demand 300m. Threaten to send Willian to the reserves. Just keep him at all costs.
    In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
    Pique is a quality player and a top notch leader. If I were a Barca fan I'd keep him till 36.
    Wearing the white shirt automatically makes you lose braincells, or something...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zyros View Post
    Rumours say we bid 50m and Chelsea didnt accept. If that is true, I really don't get it. I understand that his profile is the right fit for the RW, but paying 50m for a 30yo and a huge wage is plain stupid. And probably on a 4 year contract. Is this Abidals work??
    Exactly. What are we smoking?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we plan to buy him and then sell to China for 80M after a year.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zyros View Post
    I don't believe it, but with Willian I think he is right fit for RM role not RW which makes world of difference for EV.
    442 gets the best out of Coutinho and better right side too. It is a needed tactical option for the team.
    That being said, 30 years old, big fee, god only knows how long EV is staying, it is bad deal business wise and long term wise.

The Culest
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I don't believe it, but with Willian I think he is right fit for RM role not RW which makes world of difference for EV.
    442 gets the best out of Coutinho and better right side too. It is a needed tactical option for the team.
    That being said, 30 years old, big fee, god only knows how long EV is staying, it is bad deal business wise and long term wise.
    Not the 4-4-2 nonsense again. 4-3-3 gets the best out of Dembele. Can't destroy our system for a 160m player who's playing like a 1.6m player.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just let this rumour die already

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumors still circulating that we're preparing a second bid for him, valverde/our board cant be this stupid? can they?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4036586.html

If this happens, we need to assassinate our entire board for the sake of the club.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the turd that won't flush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frightening news from the bean counters
    “If you can go and play at a full Celtic Park on Champions League night then you can play anywhere. The fans create a crazy atmosphere like nothing I have ever heard. “I do hope in the future we can draw Celtic again because even though we lost it is one of the best stadiums to play football in the world". Andres Iniesta

As journalist Santi Ovalle wrote: "Messi's performance will not go down in history but no other player is capable of a performance like that. He has normalised genius."