Willian

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
25215__full_news.jpg

Willian Borges da Silva, (born 9 August 1988 in Ribeirão Pires, Brazil), commonly known as Willian, is a Brazilian footballer, currently playing as a attacking midfielder or winger for Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk and he's totally radical.

p1_willian_0108.jpg

discuss.

V

Valon

Isn't he a right winger though?

He's awesome nonetheless.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There were rumors linking Willian with FC Barcelona but can`t tell was there any truth there.
Good thing about him is that he can play with both feet so he can be used in various places.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Bad thing he is not even a starter in Shakhtar. He is ok, but not that great to be a Barca material....

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
it is not as if we would be depending on him he would be a sub.... i think he would be a good buy

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Eh, he plays for a club that doesn't need the money and therefore would cost more than he's worth. No thanks. If we want to take a risk on a young winger there are better options, like Lanus' Salvio and I'm sure there are other attacking midfielders in Brazil with similar ceilings who would be cheaper.

And if we want someone for the left....Andres Guardado anyone?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only we would want a right footed player for the left wing. Cutting in tactic...

diegomessi

bingo and i do not think he would cost to much bc he is not that important to them

roll

Tryin` to be hated
We have enough options as backups on that position. Bojan, Pedro, Iniesta, Henry.
Only real quality like Silva, Mata, etc. or no one.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Him not being important to them doesn't mean they can't afford to hold onto him to get the most for him, and considering he hasn't shown that much I don't see the point. If we need someone to cut in that badly, we can easily get another CM instead and play Iniesta on the left.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's principally an AM, but can play in either wing.

he really puts a shift in as well, he was tracking alves all through the supercup. really limited dani's effectiveness.

he's improving too (only 22) and is now a regular for shakhtar.

tbh I didn't really make the thread to advocate us signing him, more as a place to discuss just how awesome he is.

I mean if we were gonna sign a player from shakhtar it should be jadson as he's a creative AM (willian is too but he's a bit unpolished in that regard and we have our own unpolished creative AM's).

FlyLo

Barca don't buy backups, we can train them easily. We (should) only buy starters, top class material that we don't have in our youth squads.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
he's principally an AM, but can play in either wing.

he really puts a shift in as well, he was tracking alves all through the supercup. really limited dani's effectiveness.

he's improving too (only 22) and is now a regular for shakhtar.

tbh I didn't really make the thread to advocate us signing him, more as a place to discuss just how awesome he is.

I mean if we were gonna sign a player from shakhtar it should be jadson as he's a creative AM (willian is too but he's a bit unpolished in that regard and we have our own unpolished creative AM's).

he's 21, unless i don't actually know my own age??

diegomessi

i think ilsinho is a very good player as well very tricky and techniqual (sp sorry)

Home of Barca Fans