Willian

EdmondDantes

Willian has the same agent as Paulinho and Coutinho. There is probably more to this story than is disclosed. Splashing big money on a 30 year old who relies on his pace.

Is his agent the same as Oscar/Hulk as well?

We could sell him to China in 2 years' time, perhaps...

He's a good player, and would have a role here but not for this much money. It's insanity.

We'd have been better off pinching Douglas Costa off of Juve if we're looking for a true speed demon that just obliterates defensive lines at will.

Looking at Willian's stats for the past few seasons, at least he gets double digits in goals and assists despite being mostly a work-horse. He's got pace, close control, dribbling ability too. But I can't help but feel we need better, especially if that means we're sticking to the dreadful 4-4-2 at the cost of Dembele's minutes on top of that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Switched off from Barca related topics for a day only to find out this Willian thing hasn't died yet. So disappointing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think 30-35 is good price either. He isn't good enough to be starter so what's the point.

It's like you see a shirt on sale. Do you buy it just because it's cheaper eventhough you don't need it?

Would much rather keep Rafinha as backup winger and keep playing Dembele.

Messi983

Don't think 30-35 is good price either. He isn't good enough to be starter so what's the point.

It's like you see a shirt on sale. Do you buy it just because it's cheaper eventhough you don't need it?

Would much rather keep Rafinha as backup winger and keep playing Dembele.

So you would have a proven injury prone player backing up a potentially injury prone player? I think one of the reasons we're interested in Willian is because he's a workhorse. According to TM he has missed only 3 games (last season) in his 5 years at Chelsea because of the injury.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So you would have a proven injury prone player backing up a potentially injury prone player? I think one of the reasons we're interested in Willian is because he's a workhorse. According to TM he has missed only 3 games (last season) in his 5 years at Chelsea because of the injury.

Roberto, Coutinho or others can always jump in if both are injured.

I just don't see a point of getting a player that was never Barca quality and is now past his prime. Terribly incosistent plus taking up non-eu spot.

Home of Barca Fans