Willian

Gnidrologist

Is he at least versatile enough to fill out various roles? I only ever seen him play on the right wing. Because if he comes, then knowing Valverde, Demebele will be on the bench whole season. How stupid would that be? Dembele, who desperately need to play to develop his talent, which is undoubtedly great, will essentially become a fucking B team player, while Polinho 2.0 will take most of his minutes. :facepalm:

jamrock

I can understand the logic behind the signing especially since it seems clear valvede will still to tell stupid 4-4-2, but for that price the board needs to have their heads examined

Raketa10

Average (Willian, Rabiot)+ Potential (Arthur, Lenglet)- No WC player= UCL winning betting odds 250+

We have enough WC players, now we need some specific players to fill the squad. This is not FIFA man you need some players who will work for our “stars”. And you can not just go outhere and buy WC players when they are NOT AVAILABLE.

You need to work with the cards you have. I am not saying the price for Willian is OK (it’s definitely too high) but some of you just want shiny names and don’t give a shit about anything else.

No we can not buy De Jong since he is not for sale, we can not buy Pogba because he is not for sale and is to expensive and questionable fit for us. On the other hand Thiago is the biggest risk out there so I can understand why are we going in this direction right now. I am sure some of you would be unsatisfied even if we bought Mbappe.

And regarding Paulinho, we were all bitching that he was an expensive buy and in the end we sold him with profit and he really contributed to the team so it’s not all that bad we are just spoiled and that’s a fact.

I also can’t understand why are you all worried about Demblele? He is basically our only true winger. If he can show his qualities he’ll have planty of chances, he needs to work hard in training and he will play for sure. I really can’t see anything bad in healthy competition.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Has any actual reliable journalist come out and said that we are actually looking to spend mega bucks for Willian?
The reliable Catalan journalists say we are heavily interested in him.

But none of them have reported just how much we are willing to bid with. It's all mostly from England so far. Heck even some of Chelsea's mouth pieces haven't said much at all either.

Devils

The reliable Catalan journalists say we are heavily interested in him.

But none of them have reported just how much we are willing to bid with. It's all mostly from England so far. Heck even some of Chelsea's mouth pieces haven't said much at all either.

Come to think of it, the only numbers I see flying around are those from Sky News.

Don't think anyone else has reported numbers.

Laplacian

Totally disgaree and think Barca need more direct/pacey type forwards for next season and cannot be over reliant on Dembele for that.

80m for Willian is too much.

Exactly, to me it should be either Suarez OR Messi in the front 3, not both. I'd rather keep Messi, as he still has acceleration, can dribble/beat players, and is quick (the quickest) in build up. Suarez is just way too slow and not agile enough to be our left winger.

MTL_Barca

Barca are not selling Dembele and replacing him with Willian.

Dembele is already better than Willian in everything other than defending. Is that alone worth 70+ mil? Should we play him over Dembele? Or is Willian a 30 years old 70 mil sub?

All in all i just can't understand this. We are not PSG or ManCity, we don't have unlimited money so we should finally start to spend it smarter instead of just paying 200% for every player we like.

Willian is a good addition but we just burn money for the sake of it at this point. Unless we already have some shady deal with his agent and a Chinese club paying us 50+ for him in 1-2 years this will be a huge waste and tbh how i see Valverde it could even cost us Dembeles development no matter how good the kid plays because Ernesto seems to favor safety first and Dembele will never be a defender or have Willians work rate so i can understand people worrying about that. Ter Stegen was also good enough to start since he arrived, Bravo was never the better GK but we still played Bravo instead (strangely enough the limited games we gave Mats werre the most important games) and then "suddenly" ter Stegen became a beast once he was a regular starter in la liga + CL but that was not a surprising step it was us stalling his development with the limited playing time before and i can see it end up like that with Dembele too.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

We have enough WC players, now we need some specific players to fill the squad. This is not FIFA man you need some players who will work for our “stars”. And you can not just go outhere and buy WC players when they are NOT AVAILABLE.

You need to work with the cards you have. I am not saying the price for Willian is OK (it’s definitely to high) but some of you just want shiny names and don’t give a shit about anything else.

No we can not buy De Jong since he is not for sale, we can not buy Pogba because he is not for sale and is to expensive and questionable fit for us. On the other hand Thiago is the biggest risk out there so I can understand why are we going in this direction right now. I am sure some of you would be unsatisfied even if we bought Mbappe.

And regarding Paulinho, we were all bitching that he was an expensive buy and in the end we sold him with profit and he really contributed to the team so it’s not all that bad we are just spoiled and that’s a fact.

I also can’t understand why are you all worried about Demblele? He is basically our only true winger. If he can show his qualities he’ll have planty of chances, he needs to work hard in training and he will play for sure. I really can’t see anything bad in healthy competition.

I like the part when you said "NOT AVAILABLE" in caps when a player like Pogba has been offered to Barcelona and Bayern waiting for our bid for Thiago. Both you have claimed to be expensive but Willian at 75m is not expensive and less risky? lol This been the story every season, buy average players and don't spend money on one WC player unless he is Brazilain.

Also, when did we sell Paulinho? and with a profit? Officially he went on loan with an option to buy (not a mandatory btw) and undermined amount as per official Barca statement.

And I won't comment much on Dembele, for the limited minutes he has played so far he made an impact and numbers are showing he did more than what Willian did his whole season in EPL.

Raketa10

I like the part when you said "NOT AVAILABLE" in caps when a player like Pogba has been offered to Barcelona and Bayern waiting for our bid for Thiago. Both you have claimed to be expensive but Willian at 75m is not expensive and less risky?

Also, when did we sell Paulinho? and with a profit? Officially he went on loan with an option to buy (not a mandatory btw) and undermined amount as per official Barca statement.

Look I like Thiago, but he is injury prone as much as it gets so I can understand why are we cautious with him and regarding Pogba those are 90% just made up stories like the ones with Dembele. No way MUN is going to sell him now. People can write whatever they wont today on the internet but that doesn't meant it's true.

And regarding Paulinho, Abidal specifically said that we SOLD him since we got very good offer so we'll get the money in January. I am not worried about that at all.

Last edited:

Jombi

For all we know it could be Willian's agents leaking bids to Sky in order to pressure Chelsea.

Willian has the same agent as Paulinho and Coutinho. There is probably more to this story than is disclosed. Splashing big money on a 30 year old who relies on his pace.

Home of Barca Fans