Willian

Newcomer

Is this a freaking joke or a comedy show gone horribly wrong? I was hoping never again to see us being linked with this bum but either the British tabloids are bored or the board are doing what they do best which is messing up.

Shocking and insane stuff if those rumors are even remotely true. Absolutely insane. Surely Abidal can't be this thick?

Seems weird indeed.

As a not Barcelona fan and french, there is this suspicion about Barca willing to take this guy to transfer him to China the next year.
I mean not necesarily Barca per se, but the links between Guangzhou and Barça board are weird (Paulinho, then the links with Malcom, for sure they would want a Willian).

Leo_Messi

Seems weird indeed.

As a not Barcelona fan and french, there is this suspicion about Barca willing to take this guy to transfer him to China the next year.
I mean not necesarily Barca per se, but the links between Guangzhou and Barça board are weird (Paulinho, then the links with Malcom, for sure they would want a Willian).

A possibility. The problem here is that Chinese clubs are paying a 100% tax when buying foreign players so it makes little to no sense. The rumors on their own are very absurd. I am just happy that the local media is not as vocal about those rumors so it leads me to believe that it is bogus. Crossing everything that can be crossed.

xXKonan

Who has a hard on for Willian at our club?

Eeeeeernie? Segura? Abidal? Barto?
The rumors were that Valverde was the one pushing for him after watching his performances vs us last season during the summer. There were also rumors Kia Joorabchian was also trying to bring him to Barca and Kia is also Coutinho's agent.

If the idea is to sign him and play a 4-4-2 again with Coutinho-Rakitic-Busi-Willian Midfield with Messi and Suarez up top to try to win the CL then we are probably not going to make it far in the CL with that. And if we do end up getting Roma'd again by a different team then Valverde will likely leave and we will be stuck with a aging Willian on high wages.

Donatello

Regarding Odoi:
1. A coach had a 145m winger and it took more than 12 Months to make him a starter, and even now he is subbed in every match
2. Then we have 41m Malcom, whom a coach didn't want and who played like 200 minutes in a whole season
3. And now a coach AGAIN wants Willian, and you guys have found "a solution" to trade Malcom for Odoi, lol

I know that you can't resist your urges and that you have to jump from one "the next big thing" to a next one as soon as the first one fails.

Personally, if Ev will leave this summer: we shouldn't buy his wishes.
But, if he will stay for at least a season and a half, give him what he wants.
Maybe he has some idea, like Lucho in 2015.

Asking for Willian and getting Malcoms and Odois is also one of the reasons why we are totally without any direction.

Guys will ask me: how is buying Willian a good deal?
Well, give the coach what he wants and in a summer of 2020, sell Willian to China for 30-40m.

Don't think Willian will be a game changer, even if comes somehow, he will be a rotation option. Because there is no way you can play Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Willian together.

If we want a rotation option, Odoi is better option by far, he is young and on the rise, while the other is on a downfall ALREADY. One has the potential to be a starter, other won't be remembered 2-3 years later.

Talking about direction, buying a player in winter 2019 for 50M and selling 1 1/2 years later thinking of getting 40M for him isn't a sensible move either & that too for a manager whose future is uncertain.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Even entertaining the idea of buying Willian or discussing what he could potentially "offer" to the team is extremely absurd. He would not be able to offer anything new. The only thing that he would be able to offer is an absurd transfer sum, an absurd wage, old age, average performances, hardly any goals or assists and a guaranteed decline not far from now. Every Chelsea fan online (from what I have seen) is praying for some club to buy him. They openly say that he has been pathetically bad this season. That Pedro has better stats.

This is such an absurd rumor that I am shaking my head while writing this post in disbelief. This guy is one of the most overrated players out there.

Last edited:

Donatello

If the idea is to sign him and play a 4-4-2 again with Coutinho-Rakitic-Busi-Willian Midfield with Messi and Suarez up top to try to win the CL then we are probably not going to make it far in the CL with that. And if we do end up getting Roma'd again by a different team then Valverde will likely leave and we will be stuck with a aging Willian on high wages.

Also halting the progress of Ousmane dembele & Arthur as a result and waste a player like Vidal in the process.

Last edited:

PhilS

Would I rather have Willian in the squad, as opposed to Miranda, Denis Suarez, or Munir?

Yes, yes and yes. I don't know if he would get a lot of playing time, maybe, maybe not. But he would definitely improve the squad.

BBZ8800

Don't think Willian will be a game changer, even if comes somehow, he will be a rotation option. Because there is no way you can play Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Willian together.

If we want a rotation option, Odoi is better option by far, he is young and on the rise, while the other is on a downfall ALREADY. One has the potential to be a starter, other won't be remembered 2-3 years later.

Talking about direction, buying a player in winter 2019 for 50M and selling 1 1/2 years later thinking of getting 40M for him isn't a sensible move either & that too for a manager whose future is uncertain.

As said by Konan, we wouldn't play Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Willian together.
Dembele would be on a bench, and a 1st sub, we would play 442.

You guys can like Willian or not, but it is quite retarded from our board to hire a coach and not give him players whom he wants.

I have said yesterday, imagine that you or ANY guy from this thread gets hired next season as Barca's coach.
And let me guess, your idea is to play 433 with Dembele-Suarez-Messi, Busquets-Arthur-someone, right?

That is your general idea.
But, IMAGINE, that the board decides that they don't like Dembele and Arthur and they sell them, and buy Rabiot.
And suddenly, your midfield options are: Busi, Raki, Vidal, Rabiot.
You will now ask: wtf? How am I supposed to play 433 with these midfielders? How to play tiki-taka with a lot of movement with these not too mobile guys?
Well, the board will reply: this is our direction, you have to work with these players.

Again, for me, this is NOT about Dembele.
EV wanted Paulinho, he was sold to China.
He wanted Willian, we didn't get it.
He never asked for Malcom, he got it.
He probably never asked for Dembele, Barto bought him as a panic buy (Neymar's transfer) etc.

You can like/hate Barto or Willian, but this whole thing is stupid.
We should either get a coach what he wants or fire him.

One more time, imagine you trying to play copy of Pep's 433 and your only available midfielders are Busi, Raki, Vidal and Rabiot.
Would you be able to execute your ideas with wrong players?
No.

Is EV able to execute his ideas?
If you guys don't like EV and Willian, we should just suck EV.
And make a poll and hire a guy who will listen to fan's wishes and play Dembele, Coutinho, Arthur etc.

There is no point hiring a new coach if he will also ask for some NEW players to implement new ideas, instead of current players.

DonAk replied to me on chat: the last time when a coach asked for players, we got Andre Gomes and Arda.
Well, the last time when a sporting director was picking players long term, we got Denis, Gomes, Digne, Paco and similar.
Or when Barto picked Arda, Dembele, Coutinho to please the fans.
It works both ways.

Sometimes a coach buys good players, sometimes he doesn't.
The same is with a director.

Still, we are forcing a coach to play a system which he doesn't want (433) with players whom he obviously don't like too much either.

impeh

Hi, its me..
not again :(

Sky sports reporting Chelsea have rejected £35m bids from Barcelona and Atletico Madrid for Willian.

xXKonan

Yeah, I'm not believing Sky when it comes to Willian rumors.

they were the only news outlet to report the bids during the winter transfer window despite no one else picking up on it and this seems like another one.

Andrew M

Even if it were true there is no danger of Chelsea accepting due to the uncertainty of their transfer ban after Hazard left

Home of Barca Fans