Willian

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They sold Paulinho for 40m then bought him back for 50m + huge taxes a year later.

The government ain't going to stop a club from buying a player.

Chinese football is a growing market and has just come into fruition over the past decade, the bubble wont burst anytime soon.

Paulinho is a different case because he was already established in the Chinese league and he was a fan favorite, plus he proved himself with us and at the WC (sort of), that's why they wanted him back even for more money.

The overall spending of Chinese clubs has already gone down compared to before because of government regulations and taxes imposed.

Andrew M

Think back to that Roma game and how we had no pace to counter attack. Having someone great on the counter would be very useful

henias

If someone shouting at you on the pitch is going to hurt your feeling you will get nowhere. Sometimes you have to get shouted at and it's a part of life and learning.

Oh shut the fck up with your life lessons bullshit. Lmao. He's shouting at him while he himself isnt doing any better. How about I throw a punch at you because you are going to get hurt at some point in your life, since that's "part of life". Taking things out of context. I never said anything about whether Dembele's feelings will get hurt because thats not my fucking point. I'm talking about Suarez.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I am laughing. That is all I can do at this point. If we are ready to spend 100m+ on Rabiot and William why not try for eriksen. Sell Gomes to get the remaining money required. Makes no sense. Dembele can offer everything Willian does and he can actually improve.

Calidad

Baffling if this move goes ahead. Far too much money, for an inconsistent 30 year old, who has never been prolific.

Why not go for Pedro for about 10m? He’d literally offer the same.

That sort of money would tempt Bayer to sell Bailey as well, which is a very good young prospect.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I am laughing. That is all I can do at this point. If we are ready to spend 100m+ on Rabiot and William why not try for eriksen. Sell Gomes to get the remaining money required. Makes no sense. Dembele can offer everything Willian does and he can actually improve.

There a like 60 games a season, there will be rotations, not to mention there might be injuries and Suarez with Messi will be rotated even more this season, it won't be just Dembele. We can play Dembele-Messi-Willian, Suarez-Messi-Willian, Dembele-Suarez-Willian.

henias

[/B]

There a like 60 games a season, there will be rotations, not to mention there might be injuries and Suarez with Messi will be rotated even more this season, it won't be just Dembele. We can play Dembele-Messi-Willian, Suarez-Messi-Willian, Dembele-Suarez-Willian.

Spend 60 mil for someone to sit on a bench? Sorry, EV wouldnt have such crazy rotations either. Someone has to be the main starter, and I'm putting all my bet that Dembele would somehow be pushed away for Willian. There goes another season for Dembele. At that point, you might as well just loan Dembele out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[/B]

So your answer to that is to pay 60-70m for an inconsistent winger that's turning 30 years old soon and reaching closer to his physical decline? A guy that has never been in double figures in either assists or goals scored in a competition in his entire career? Something Dembele actually managed at 18 years old at Rennes and 19 years old in Borussia Dortmund.

Is that your solution?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So your answer to that is to pay 60-70m for an inconsistent winger that's turning 30 years old soon and reaching closer to his physical decline? A guy that has never been in double figures in either assists or goals scored in a competition in his entire career? Something Dembele actually managed at 18 years old at Rennes and 19 years old in Borussia Dortmund.

Is that your solution?

He is better than rotational players we had last season - Paco, Deulofeu, Vidal. If you want to buy a young wordl class player for rotations, he'll cost way more and well, he wouldn't want to sit on the bench for too long and that was probably one of the reasons Griezzman has backed out of the deal, he thought, "hell I don't want to rotate with Messi, Suarez, Dembele".

Last edited:

DonAK

He is better than rotational players we had last season - Paco, Deulofeu, Vidal. If you want to buy a young word class player for rotations, he'll cost more and well, he wouldn't want to sit on the bench for too long and that was probably one of the reasons Griezzman has backed out of the deal, he thought, "hell I don't want to rotate with Messi, Suarez, Dembele".

So your answer is to buy a rotation player for potentially 70m that might have more or less the same impact as Paco and then disappear when we need him the most?

DonAK

Man City just signed former PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez for 67m euros. 12 goals and 10 assists last season for Leicester City.

A guy that is fantastic on the counter attack, is a creative winger that is able to dribble and is quite fast. He's essentially going to play as a rotational option and fight to start over Sterling.

And here we are trying to acquire Willian that doesn't even have half the numbers or individual consistency for more or less the same amount if not more, to likely play the same role as Mahrez for Man City.

You see what I'm trying to say?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So your answer is to buy a rotation player for potentially 70m that might have more or less the same impact as Paco and then disappear when we need him the most?

But he is better than Paco. Has Paco had a great CL game? Has he ever played in CL? I honestly don't remember.

And we are using the money we got from Paulinho and Deulofeu and we haven't even sold all the players we are planned(Munir, Rafinha, Gomes, Vidal), why are people so concerned about money?

DonAK

But he is better than Paco, has a Paco had a great CL? Has he ever played in CL? I honestly don't remember.

And we are using the money we got from Paulinho and Deulofeu and we haven't even sold all the players we are planned(Munir, Rafinha, Gomes, Vidal), why are people so concerned about money?

You have it wrong buddy.

People are concerned about wasting money on inconsistent, overrated players that take the ball, look down and run with it, when there might be better options available.

They're not concerned about lacking money, they're concerned about wasting it. Like Barca have done on some players recently.

If Willian and Rabiot are the level of players you want to sign then don't bitch about not winning the CL later. That's all I want to say about this subject.

Home of Barca Fans