Managers salaries

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice graphic of football managers salaries made by Catalan EMD. Barca manager, Pep Guardiola, is not on the list.

europeanfootballsoccerm.jpg

Pep Guardiola is still on his initial contract of 1,5 million euros per season and refuses to talk about the improved contract or extension.

(If you can`t make out where Scolari is: Bunyodkor, Uzbekistan)

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
The shocking thing is Inter are still paying Mancini's salary, and Mou earns 11 million euro's a season or some such outlandish salary.
I don't understand why people rate Mou so highly, is it because he goes around be controversial? There are several brilliant managers out there who should be rated higher than him.The fact of the matter is i don't think he is a smart as he or everybody else thinks he is, he's so overrated.

beef-supreme

So Inter are the worst then, €17 million, no wonder they wanted to pull off the Zlatan-Eto'o swap deal then.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The shocking thing is Inter are still paying Mancini's salary, and Mou earns 11 million euro's a season or some such outlandish salary.
I don't understand why people rate Mou so highly, is it because he goes around be controversial? There are several brilliant managers out there who should be rated higher than him.The fact of the matter is i don't think he is a smart as he or everybody else thinks he is, he's so overrated.

He's still living off that Porto CL win and he blags the rest by being charismatic. He's only excelled in one season in his career, the rest of the time he's merely met the minimum expectation or fallen short.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He's still living off that Porto CL win and he blags the rest by being charismatic. He's only excelled in one season in his career, the rest of the time he's merely met the minimum expectation or fallen short.
That is a bit harsh. He did well at Chelsea and won the Scudetto with Inter even though they didn't win the CL but can you expect him to win it their first season ?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
A chelski side that had outspent everybody by a ratio of 3:1 and an Inter side which was the only club in Serie A not in absolute chaos. So it's not harsh, just true.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
A chelski side that had outspent everybody by a ratio of 3:1 and an Inter side which was the only club in Serie A not in absolute chaos. So it's not harsh, just true.
He had to compete against a brilliant Arsenal side until 2006, Man U and the European champions.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
By "The European champions" do you mean a Liverpool side which never challenged seriously for the league during Mourinho's tenure at Stamford Bridge?

Liverpool did win the CL when they were poor in the league for 04-05. Rafa did get them to the finals and win one of the best games I've ever seen in my life.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
You think when they renew Pep's contract he'll be high inbetween some of the morons up there?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

you're such a hater.

he excelled at porto. he was manager for two and a half seasons. he joined in january 2002 and guided them to third by the end of the season, and then in his first full season won the league, the cup, and the uefa cup. in his second season he won the portuguese supercup, the league again, and the champions league. he left porto with a win ratio of 70% and 6 trophies in two and a half years. that is far and above any expectation anyone could have had.

then he came to chelsea, who had no idea how to win things, and he won the league cup and league title in his first season, setting records for points totals, clean sheets and I think even goals scored in the process. he then won the charity shield and the league again. and in his third season won the league cup and the fa cup. he left chelsea with a win ratio of 70% and 6 trophies in 3 and a bit years.

not as emphatic as at porto, but still a trophy in every season, 2 league titles (including a truly emphatic "first" which is a real achievement to give a squad full of non-winners a winning mentality). his only "minimum expectation" season was his second, really. he was unlucky in his third as united had one hell of a season and kept the league away from him. yeah he didn't win the CL but look at how he was eliminated. he was knocked out thrice - twice with highly dubious refereeing decisions in a second leg at anfield (one of which resulted in a penalty shoot-out loss), and once being outclassed by us.

with inter he's only just started his project. yes, season one was bare minimum title win, now he's actually rebuilding the squad which everyone agrees was a complete bloated mess. like I said to beast a while back, give him a couple of seasons and you'll see a completely different inter because he clearly has a plan. and already you're seeing that in action. a return to a solid base. a return to the trequartista. it's gonna be veeeery interesting.

Home of Barca Fans