• Public voting

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Private voting

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Okay so we will be starting voting for the OBAMA's on October 1st, and I'm just curious to see how people want to vote.

We have 2 ways we are going to do this, public voting and private voting. I'll explain each, not that they aren't self explanitory.

Public voting: We create a thread where everybody posts their votes for each category in.
Pros: Easiest way to do it, just post your votes in the thread.
Cons: By seeing other people's votes, members can be influenced to make a certain vote whether it's because they can't think of somebody or if somebody voted them for a bad award and they want to get revenge. It can get silly at times.

Private voting: People send their votes to the vote counter via PM.
Pros: Nobody can be influenced in their voting, so each vote will be that member's opinion and nobody elses.
Cons: People might be too lazy to send PM's to somebody and would rather post it in a thread.

I also suggest with the private voting, if people want to, they can post their votes in the results thread after the winners have been announced. :p

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
That's why I said you can post your votes in the results thread so we can still see, without having the influence on the voting of others. I'm not fussed either way, I'm just doing this just to get a proper answer.

People tend to copy others too much IMO, that's why I reckon private.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
1. What the fuck do you think you're doing?!
2. It's obvious you're trying to avoid "Laziest Forum Member" award, by actually contributing.
3. What the fuck do you think you're doing?!

lol, Only joking. Looks like you're very keen to help (which is strange. You after something?) so thanks. CA is right, it will take the fun away, but you make a good point about people copying.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Hey, I was the one that started talking about it to begin with. You just hijacked it(after I hijacked it off Ward)! :p

I'll get laziest member either way. :D

But yeah, the other thing is everybody will know who's going to win each award after like 10 people vote, then everyone else will copy, so the results won't really be a surprise. :lol:

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
True again. Hmmmm.....

Perhaps we could do a private vote. Me, you and Jabba on the voting commitee. Create an acount called "OBAMA's" and have the votes all go to the private imbox of that account, with us three knowing the password. Then once the voting closes, disclose everyones votes to the rest of the forum and reveal the winners?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah good idea. But then if everybody votes for public voting we can't really go against them can we? Well we can, but that'd make us cunts. I like it.

Though we should reveal the winners first, make that the first post in the thread and then disclose all the votes. As long as the votes are revealed in the end it won't ruin the fun IMO. I just think it'd be good to get honest votes. If people can't think of who to vote for then don't fill in a vote for that award.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Our member almost 2000 people now, but i assume only few hundreds who checked every day. Private voting would be the best, but they might be to lazy to Pm everyone (like you've said it). So, in this case, public vote probably the best option.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
We can make a form were people just have to tick off the nominee that they think has to win. even easier, faster and less lazy.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Like Sammy said, there are alot of members. Even if all (nearly) 2000 of them aren't active there are still too many for Jabba, Anton and I to go through them and pick out a small bunch for each category, it wouldn't exactly be fair as I personally may substitute one individual for another based on my opinion of them or differences and so forth.

So I think it's just best for a small list of 20-25 categories to be drawn up and then people can copy and paste the list and write the names of the people they think should win the award next to them, also giving small reasons.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Why would you vote public? it will only influence other submissions. "OOOOW, X has 4 votes and Y has 3. I wanted to vote Z but he hasn't any chance anymore so I will vote Y because he deserves it more than X but less than Z."

I voted private + publish votes after the results are known. No influence and you know which prick voted on you.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
"Pm everyone"? What do you mean, sammy?

as in pm or private message. Sorry, looks like i hit the "shift" button when i type, and i don't know why i type every one. Currently i'm working on something, looks like i kinda fuzz :D

But isn't 20-25 award a little to much? 15 probably would be the best.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans