User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC Barcelona transfer history since 1973

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how there is essentially no relationship between how much we paid for a player and what they contributed.

mmmcet
    Quote Originally Posted by [FCB]Messi[10 View Post
    I can't believe that Maradona was bought only for 8mil I think. That is like giving Messi for free to another team. But great info about our club. The 2 best players that we got for no charge were Xavi, Puyol, and Messi form Barca B. And now they are legends at the club. Messi still has a long time before he retires but he will definitely be making more history in the future.
    great saying dude:beer2:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't it 40ME for Overmars and Petit combined?
    ]"I will always hate Madrid. There is just something about them that gets up my nose. I would rather the ground opened up and swallowed me than accept a job with them. In fact, I do not like speaking about them because it makes me want to vomit."---Hristo Stoichkov(Catalan Pride):flagvl8:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [FCB]Messi[10 View Post
    I can't believe that Maradona was bought only for 8mil I think. .

Man, that was a world record, it was a lot lot lot lot of money then.
    Spanish Federation wanted to forbid that signing (once again cause of course it wasn't made by Real Madrid) and Josep Lluís Núñez had to invent a finantial operation to avoid that bunch of madridistas suckers, I believe in the USA, I don't know exactly how it was.

And it wasn't beaten until 1996 when we signed Ronaldo for around 15 millions, which was a lot of money again.
    Then the TV boom came the following year and Inter signed Ronaldo for 24 millions and it all started to become completely nuts
    ]"I will always hate Madrid. There is just something about them that gets up my nose. I would rather the ground opened up and swallowed me than accept a job with them. In fact, I do not like speaking about them because it makes me want to vomit."---Hristo Stoichkov(Catalan Pride):flagvl8:

cule1
    As far as i rememebr, Overmars + petit was 32 million pounds total, which in itself was na outrage. it is true, the one thing we never were so great at, was transfer fees lol

PS. Petit, the WORST FU*** player to ever, EVER don our shirt... I mean if I walked by him on a summer holiday hotel, I'd kick him in the fucking nuts and say... hey, I'm a cule, you pathetic piece of crap!

Ok, with that out of the way... Saviola didn't cost 35 M euros mate, I think we paid 17 million + some clauses if memory serves correctly... and he did win pichichi once or twice.. he was alright.

hmmm, looking at that list, it ain't accurate at all... Maradona was a world record fee at the time and it was more than 8 I think... either case, we didn't sell him to Napoli for 13 million but I think 5 million!
    EDIT: Ok, it was 6.8 million pounds he left for.. Ok, well, back then euros weren't in play and I am confusing myself ;p
    Last edited by cule1; 22nd January 2010 at 05:27 AM.

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that mate.