Reputation of german players in Spain?

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Also for me interesting to see what image german players have outside germany. Wouldnt have thought that the majority of the listed players are even known by people in this forum actually, although some of the images seem a bit odd or just outdated. Thats no offense and also no surprise, as most of these players are mainly showing themselves in WC or EC tournaments, as the BL isnt too hot to watch and german teams do generally bad in the CL.

Some thoughts from myself:
- Frings just isnt in his shape from 2006 anymore. He actually is in constant decline, was already bad at EC 2008 and isnt nominated for the national team anymore for a very good reason. His game is very physically, and hes just getting older, thats the main reason. He tried to change his game in EC08, doing long balls and stuff, looking like the new Pirlo. Actually it looked like a sad caricature of him. Whatever.

- Schweinsteiger is kinda overrated to me. Looks somehow good at tournaments, he just scores a lot there, and much more than at club level. His biggest problem is his total lack of pace. I mean he is really slow and cant use his technique and good dribbling skills to good use as he cant get past anyone with it. He still shows a good understanding of the game, good overview and a solid creativity. I think he would be good in a deeper position in the MF, maybe like Xabi ALonso. But problem two is his inability to do long balls ... they are just crap and inline with his horrible corners and free kicks. SO he has most skills to be able to play two different roles in the MF, but in both lacks key skills to fulfill them. Thats why i just dont see him ever doing a breakthrough.

- Enke: i know that he failed at Barca, i still dunno why really. You guys can believe me ... hes a very good GK.

Oh, and what is about Poschner aka Poschi. Wasnt he voted best midfielder in la liga like in 2003 or so, playing for Getafe? Does no one know him anymore?

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
I rate Ozil & Marin VERY highly. Trochowski is another underrated player, watched him with HSV in the uefa cup last season couple of times and he was impressive.

Home of Barca Fans