User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juan Román Riquelme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juan Román Riquelme

Not really a Barca legend but an ex-player nonetheless.

I was arguing with a friend about him a few days ago. I said Argentina don't need Riquelme at all, he firmly disagreed.

Your opinions? Btw: is Boca Juniors playing a match in about an hour? I'm curious if I was wrong about him (I thought he was horrible at the Olympics).

Anxiously waiting for the next match
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would kill for riquelme to be back i miss the aimar riquelme d'aessandro days so much..
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilŕ, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

!!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLo View Post
    Not really a Barca legend but an ex-player nonetheless.

I was arguing with a friend about him a few days ago. I said Argentina don't need Riquelme at all, he firmly disagreed.

Your opinions? Btw: is Boca Juniors playing a match in about an hour? I'm curious if I was wrong about him (I thought he was horrible at the Olympics).
    Riquelme is the best free kick taker that Argentina has and that Boca Juniors has but thats my opinion. I have seen a lot of games of Boca and he is still a really good player, I wouldn't mind if he would come back to Barca. He is like Xavi, he makes great assists and passes the ball around a lot. But I think Riquelme is a better free kick taker then Xavi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi is waaay better than Juan Roman. Besides Riquelme has a bad attitude.

Yusuf Islam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i loved riquelme when he was playing for villareal but he has some attidute problems and would not fit well in our team right now, he has to be the main man for him to be effective and at barca he will never be that
    general gooners

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysical View Post
    and FINALLY

there's a whole generation of whingy little metrosexual myspace kids (or, former whingy little metrosexual myspace kids) who came of age when arsene's team were in their pomp around the turn of the century. these new breed of gooners are as myopic as their manager and come out with ridiculous statements like "we don't need ashley cole, clichy is better~!!!" and have a crazy inflated view of their own players and abilities. nuts is a great example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd like to be a legend in Argentina like Maradona , he never wanted to leave but boca's management forced him to leave Boca
    Cruyff:" El futbol es un juego al que se juega con el cerebro . "

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am not a Riquelme fan I will leave it at that. I could say a lot more things but I won't.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

The Reckoner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is so immensely talented. Things could have worked at Barca but Van Gaal was determined not to let it, he was Gasparts man.

Looked good under Raddy but that whole renassaince was forgotten very quickly.
    “My fear is not of death itself, but a death without meaning." Huey P. Newton

Love is All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riquelme is an artist with the ball and I love watching his lazy elegance on the pitch. He is a midfield maestro.

Fourteen and Hutch..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team needs to play through him, which is not bad considering he's pretty good at what he does.. But xavi and iniesta are so much better suited to you..

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A clever talented player who played amazing for Argentina but for clubs, phhhf he came he went.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

A masterpiece of DNA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi is better.but he was a talented player for Argentina...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juan Roman Riquelme

Searched for a thread but couldn't find anything so here it goes.

Played 30 games for Barca and scored 3 goals. Such a shame van Gaal didnt give him more oppurtunities in his correct position. He was superb at Boca, but was never deployed in his correct position at Barca, which was a huge waste in my opinion. He did brilliant at Villareal then after, scored 36 goals in 106 games. Can't imagine many people here being fans of his due to his disappointing time at Barca, but no one can deny his quality.

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely brilliant, a joy to watch, and also one of the biggest cancers to ever play the game. When Argentina was built around him they were epic but were never going to win anything serious.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it the guy who missed a penalty in stoppage time or so against Arsenal in CL semis in 2006 ?

Jk, of course I know the guy, but he was never gonna be anything more than a typical 1-season-wonder kind of player. Just didn't care enough.

BTW
    There is a thread about him on 3rd page.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 21st June 2011 at 10:34 PM.