Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Andreu Fontas

Date of birth: 14.11.1989
Height: 1,83m
Position: Defender

andreufontasfcbarcelona.jpg

Young defender, Andreu Fontas, impressed during Barca pre-season and was promoted to first team for 2009/2010. Fontas marked his official debut for FC Barcelona in a match vs. Sporting Gijon on 31st of August, 2009.

X

xaviniesta

i just cannot understand how la masia produce sooo many quality players. its just INSANE. i still think that la masia is very very underrated

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Fontas, IMHO, will be the next great Masia product to make an impression for the defense...I like him more than Muniesa and think he's already first team worthy...Outside of JDS, the most ready for first team football

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I agreed. Fontas is not exactly very young (turning 20 in few months), but also if we remember, Puyol made his first team debut at an age of 21.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
man the first time i saw Fontas play i thought he was terrible but every game since then my opinion has rose more and more and now i feel calm when he gets the ball

iced1776

Fontas seems very similar to Pique, exactly the kind of defender Pep loves. Decent size, decent ball control and isn't afraid to use it to dribble out into the midfield.

E

emoshanal830

His size and power shld give him advantage over muniesa.....becoz if he defends like Anderson(Like a bulldog) and if he's tall he can be in the first team soon.Coz aerial balls wldnt be a problem for him.Anyway anybody know wats Muniesa's height?

L

ltfdick1994

he has promoted to the first team,
this show his ability and great potential

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Fontas seems very similar to Pique, exactly the kind of defender Pep loves. Decent size, decent ball control and isn't afraid to use it to dribble out into the midfield.

Looks to be a bit quicker too...I like the player a lot...Muniesa has gotten more pub, IMHO, but I rate Fontas more, atm, than Muniesa

veryfatchocobo

Interesting... I rate Muniesa higher than Fontas, but that's only because Muniesa (in a coach's standpoint) is the direct replacement to Puyol. Like what happened 2 years ago, we can't have the same type of defender on the pitch (Puyol-Milito).

We have Fontas, and I don't understand why we have Chiggy...

E

emoshanal830

Interesting... I rate Muniesa higher than Fontas, but that's only because Muniesa (in a coach's standpoint) is the direct replacement to Puyol. Like what happened 2 years ago, we can't have the same type of defender on the pitch (Puyol-Milito).

We have Fontas, and I don't understand why we have Chiggy...
Anyway how can we rely on Fontas alone (assuming we didnt buy chygrynho)...Well there is Pique but as puyol and the other guys gets older(clumsier) every year theres onli one tat is 100 pcent ...and tat is Pique...so we bght Chygrynho for the next key defender....the younger guys will learn from them...the older guys they'll play when they;re needed in big games and when the key players arent fit ....therefore now we have 2 key defenders Chygsy and Pique......2 prodigies,Fontas and muniesa( I m onli talking about Centre Back position)and the rest (the old guys) will either be unfit or they'll have their own problems....so they'll come in when needed...and necessary includin key Games tat requires experienced players.

veryfatchocobo

The only problem is that Chiggy is about 2-3 years older than Fontas... I can't see how he'll help his growth. :/

I guess that Chiggy is really good though. We'll see how this will work, but I can't see two tall CDs that act like Sweepers will work under the system.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, there are 3 aging CBs back there in Rafa, Milito and Puyol...Depth is always important so I am sure that there will be a place for Fontas still

Home of Barca Fans