FC Barcelona Handbol

Messi983

Yes, we are building a very good team. But I just have a feeling lack of competition in domestic league where we have 120 or so game winning streak hinder our chances to win Champions League which should always be our goal but we only won one in last 5 years. Maybe we should consider moving to French or German league if that's possible to have more tough games during the season and be better prepared for Final 4. That way we could possibly also attract and keep more great players.

Also, I've read rumours that Aron Palmarson could join us already this summer. Veszprem doesn't count on him next season but they demand more than 1M for his transfer which Barça is not ready to pay at the moment.

Messi983

#matterofhours

Palmarsson is a great player no doubt but paying around 1M for getting him a year early is too much imo.

Messi983

Barça officially announced Palmarsson's signing. Great news. :rockon:

FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with MKB Vezprém for the incorporation of the player Aron Pálmarsson who is 27 years of age and 1.93m tall.

The Icelandic centre back joins FC Barcelona Lassa for the next four seasons, until the summer of 2021.

GnJ6Zsf.jpg

serghei

Palmarsson is probably the best player in the world now. It's like when we brought Karabatic in 2013.

Leo_Messi

Probably our best team since our all-conquering team during the 2014-15 season. Not much has changed since 2014 trophy wise other than us missing on winning the CL.

We have more or less already qualified for the quarterfinals. Should definitely make the Final Four and I can only see QSG threatening us. Rumors of the board having secured Vuko Borozan from next season on as well. Talk about a quality team.

Petition to change the thread title to FC Barcelona Handbol.

Reposting my post again in hope of you or other moderators seeing it [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Messi983

Probably our best team since our all-conquering team during the 2014-15 season. Not much has changed since 2014 trophy wise other than us missing on winning the CL.

We have more or less already qualified for the quarterfinals. Should definitely make the Final Four and I can only see QSG threatening us. Rumors of the board having secured Vuko Borozan from next season on as well. Talk about a quality team.

Petition to change the thread title to FC Barcelona Handbol.

Reposting my post again in hope of you or other moderators seeing it [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION].

Done. :)

Do you think we can win the CL this season?

Leo_Messi

Done. :)

Do you think we can win the CL this season?

Yes, I believe so. Everything can happen in the Final Four. Obviously we first need to qualify from the two quarter-finals games before thinking about the Final Four. I don't see much difference between us and QSG. We can beat them and they can beat us. We are certainly the favorites alongside QSG. The bookies agree. Bet365 pays 2.40 for a QSG CL win and 2.87 for a FC Barcelona Handbol win. So not much difference as I wrote.

BTW QSG has yet to win a single Champions League trophy despite their spending (highest in Europe) while we have won a record number of 9 CL titles. Chasing "La Décima".:lol:

Last edited:

raki

On the way to the CL final 4. Away win in Nantes by 7.

Already won 6 trophies this season.

Psg lost by 10:lol:

serghei

On the way to the CL final 4. Away win in Nantes by 7.

Already won 6 trophies this season.

Psg lost by 10:lol:

:lol:

Last 2 CLs we won at Handball were in 2010-11 and 2014-15. We seem to connect our foot dominance with our hand dominance :lol:.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans