Who is best striker in the world ?

Best striker in the world ?

• Total voters

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i feel that villa is the best. if he was at an ELITE club he'd be head and shoulders above the rest. can demolish mid table fodder and get vital goals. not the most complete player but what i look for in a striker- quality finishing and natural instinct for where the goal is.

O

oltion

1.Ibra
2.Torres
3.Villa
4.Eto'o
5.Dzeko
6.Drogba
7.Aguero
8.Forlan
9.Adebayor

C

ChuckaOwns

How can Villa not be number 1! How can Ibra be catching him up!...I mean i know we love Ibra and all but seriusly the dude hasn't scored in the KO stages of the UCL. Seriusly?!?!

I would seriusly LOVE to see how many votes Ibra would be getting if he didn't play for us.

Interista

Maybe because the more people see the more they realize how unique he is. Just from his short time at Barcelona he's already changing a lot of opinions on different U.K based forums I frequent, who previously didn't watch the Serie A. Furthermore for everyone of those strikers there's an argument against them. Torres is 25 years old but he hasn't won a single club trophy. Easy to argue he should of at least managed a cup or something by now. Villa is 27 and he's only won a cup I believe. Drogba's strikerate for the past 2 years is hardly that of a "best striker in the World". Dzeko plays in Bundesliga and so on.

It's easy to make up arguments. Hasn't scored here, or against Spanish, or English, not won that, or this. Very easy way to discredit someone. Instead one should look at what they have done, and are doing with consistency being the most important thing. Also, one player scoring 2-3 goals in knockoutstages, contra another scoring 0 is not a big difference. It's basicly the same except one looks better on paper.
For me Ibra has been the best striker in the World for the past 2 years, and I'm happy that he will get a chance to prove that to the World at Barcelona.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
How can Villa not be number 1! How can Ibra be catching him up!...I mean i know we love Ibra and all but seriusly the dude hasn't scored in the KO stages of the UCL. Seriusly?!?!

I would seriusly LOVE to see how many votes Ibra would be getting if he didn't play for us.

Finally someone who spoke some sense.

C

ChuckaOwns

Maybe because the more people see the more they realize how unique he is. Just from his short time at Barcelona he's already changing a lot of opinions on different U.K based forums I frequent, who previously didn't watch the Serie A. Furthermore for everyone of those strikers there's an argument against them. Torres is 25 years old but he hasn't won a single club trophy. Easy to argue he should of at least managed a cup or something by now. Villa is 27 and he's only won a cup I believe. Drogba's strikerate for the past 2 years is hardly that of a "best striker in the World". Dzeko plays in Bundesliga and so on.

It's easy to make up arguments. Hasn't scored here, or against Spanish, or English, not won that, or this. Very easy way to discredit someone. Instead one should look at what they have done, and are doing with consistency being the most important thing. Also, one player scoring 2-3 goals in knockoutstages, contra another scoring 0 is not a big difference. It's basicly the same except one looks better on paper.
For me Ibra has been the best striker in the World for the past 2 years, and I'm happy that he will get a chance to prove that to the World at Barcelona.

LOL, I wonder why you picked Ibra, hmm *Looks at name of memeber and avatar*...Nope still don't know why. Anyway...

Tbh your argument of haven't won everything is pretty shocking exspecially with Villa, if he was with a top club and it's not like no one wants him (which if they did, your argument would be valid) but becuase big clubs do/did want him it kinda cancels it out becuase he would of won plenty, and it's not his fault that Valencia are saying no to anyone who hasn't put in a monumental amount of money for him.

E

Esteve

maxi-lopez.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
so I'm bored, and re-read through this thread.

firstly, eddy, it's patronising. not pedantic.

also, I can conclude only five posts make any sense whatsoever.

here they are:

Did i say no to Forlan ?? i like the guy but Ruud was the Pichichi also my friend or did u forget that ? what was Forlan doing before the liga? that's if you want to say the below comment

I'll reply has Forlan scored 10 goals in one season in the EPL ? No :lol:

Ruud van Nistelrooy is and officially the best striker in Europe his goal scoring conversion is 2 to 1... that's a goal from every 2 chances he got .. and Forlan ratio is pretty far from Ruud
Ruud three stints with clubs.. PSV 75 goals in 91 games, Man U 150 goals in 219 games Real Madrid 63 goals in 93 games...

Forlan is as far away from Ruud in terms of converting chances as i'm from Antarctica viva for 10 years he is the most consistent striker par injuries

don't get me wrong though i like Forlan a lot he is an excellent striker i would have loved him @ Real but apart from this season impressive and the one when he first joined Villarreal he isn't the same as Ruud

Adebayor CAN BE doesn't make him the best goal scorer ..

Ibra hardly score in Europe or with his national team .. we are talking about the best goal scorer in the WORLD not in the liga or Serie A ..

why not put Totti in the list than if It's about as hard scoring in Serie A? Totti won the golden shoe in Europe scoring 30 + in Serie A

No he would not,get off your liverpool horse for a while, villa is spain's best forward by some distance, what the hell are you guys on, torres as only ever scored more than 25 goals once, if he is their then so is ade, and ade's isnt even WC.

forlan is a better striker then freaking torres.

best strikers in the world currently, is Eto'o,villa and forlan. yes forlan.

when torres has a next 25 goals season then, maybe he should be mention only the likes of villa.

villa for the sheer consistency.

but really if we're talking "on their day" then drogba is the best in the world.

when he wants it, you're fucked. he's scored in all but one of the finals he's appeared in and is the only player around with as good a scoring record against big teams as small teams. no way to guard against him unless you've got a miracle up your sleeve (vidic in the '08 final, valdes in the '09 semi-final...twice!)

How many games did he go score/assistless after that hatrick vs Hull? 4. He did nothing vs Fiorentina and Chelsea, was out against Sunderland and Lyon, and came back and scored vs United. I stand by my post, untill he proves me wrong. Some people argue that the mark of a worldclass striker is that he scores in "big" games, I would argue that the mark of a worldclass striker is that he he imposes his game in more or less every match.

Ibra has proven that he doesn't need a team to play great for him to shine. He was a one man army at Inter. Somehow, he always found a way. Ronaldo, the fat one, was like that, Villa is like that, and I'm beginning to think Dzeko is like that. Torres is not.

good work, chaps.

the rest of you suck-diddly-uck.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
also, I'm still bored, so here's some knowledge:

firstly, when it comes to best goalscorer then it's between the horse and the donkey. both of them have staggering goal ratios no matter where they play and no matter what their level of fitness. they are fucking gods of goalscoring.

but for me, "best striker" takes more into account. goalscoring is a major part but also leading the line, creating, etc. NOW when it comes to that, I stand by my original option that you either vote villa for consistency of scoring and creating, or you vote for drogba for the sheer ifhewantsityouarefucked-atude of the man.

secondly, the argument for zlatan is two-fold:

fold the first is because he now plays for barcelona and this is a barcelona forum. this is fairly meaningless.

fold the second is because since time began, zlatan has had all the skill in the world, all the talent and physicality a footballer could dream of having. he just couldn't put it all together and score consistently, and deliver consistently. he did it last year with inter and now in his first two months or so with barca he's getting even better. he's finally making good on all his ludicrous talent. everyone always said "if he could just get his head on straight he'd be the best in the world" (or stuff like that) well, his head is on straight now. so there ya go. that's the logic.

BUT PERSONALLY I think he has to keep it up for at least the rest of this season before he can be talked about in the same breath as villa and drogba, who are by far and away the best strikers in the world right now. if he can do that, well damn, then we'll really be in business. but it's still only an if.

Home of Barca Fans