Players' agents to be banned?

aRegularAce

According to “Voetbal International”, a highly reliable source in the dutch media, players’ agents are going to be banned from the game. As of 2010 the FIFA will withdraw all license of the agents around the globe. A meeting between Blatter (with his advisors) and the European Commission took place on 6 May. At that moment they were already investigating the methods of players’ agents, the results were depressing.

I could translate the whole article if there's animo to it

J

Jordzibob

So they're going to leave it up to idiots like Joe Cole to read and understand the contracts? Thats a bad idea......

Beast

The Observer
Shit man.. i wanted so much to go into that line of business
Italians are naturally gifted to be football agents

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Agents are mostly money-grabbers but there are some, a few, decent ones who do genuinely try to get the best deal for their player who they have befriended.

J

Jordzibob

How can you expect players to understand the contracts? They arent trained in that kindof thing, its up to the agent to read over the contract and tell them to details etc, thicko players like Joe cole wont be able to understand them.....

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm pretty sure that there would be legal barriers to players ebing prevenetd from having 3rd party representation in most matters, certainly FIFA would be able to limit the remit of agents but as people have mentioned it is unthinkable that players would be forced to undergo the contractual process themselves.

Home of Barca Fans