Aguero or Benzema

Aguero or Benzema?

• Total voters

Evil

Shabazz
Tough one, I'd take Aguero though. My reasons:

1.He would fit in our team perfectly, he's fast and has a good shot, and can score the ocassional header, something like Eto'o

2.Already adapted to La Liga.

3.He would'nt have any problems fitting in the team with Leo Messi and Milito in the squad.

4.(I know this may not be a valid point) but French players don't generally work well at Barça, the only one who was decent was Guily, but Abidal, and Henry both went downwards when they moved to Barça.

5.Aguero is already proven which means much less risk, getting Benzema would mean risking the chances of him adapting to the Spanish League. (some players find it extremley difficult to play in another league)

roll

Tryin` to be hated
At this moment I don`t want anyone. But I had to pick so I picked Benzema. Better type of striker for me. He is more like Eto and Aguero is more like Bojan.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Although i picked Aguero for the same reasons Evil wrote before, i'd like both as for Aguero replacing Eto'o later and Benzema replacing Henry because he can play on the flank. ;)

maz

I walk the line
Benzema. Firstly, he would offer us height in the air which we vitally need. Its a shame though that sylvi probably wont be here if benzema comes. However pep has been playing a very lopsided formation for most of the season, with the LB (abi or puyol) staying back, and alves attacking alot. If benzema comes, i feel they could strike up a similar partnership that alves and kanouté formed at sevilla.

Secondly, benzema is very comfortable on the ball, can pass quite well, and can shoot from long distance. Watch him for lyon and u will see he has no problem dropping deep at times. This is perfect for the 4-3-3 which pep plays (and will most probably continue to play for at least a few more seasons).

Thirdly, i think he is a top class player who deserves a move to a powerhouse club next season. FCB should be that club!

maz

I walk the line
That makes a BIG difference! Although kún probably edges it on the clinical factor. He is such a fox in the box.

Evil

Shabazz
I would be happy with any of the two, both are excellent young strikers with alot of potential, and each one has his abilities.

hendryrusli

I chose Benzema due to his height. Both are equally good and consistent this season but we need Benzema for heading (if needed).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that Pep would also go for Benzema.
Remember the summer transfer rumors? About only strikers that were considered were tall. Be it Drogba or anyone else who was mentioned.

E

edox

Yeah Pep wanted tall striker but not just tall, he needs to be great in air. I haven't seen Benzema to be that dominant in air.

Home of Barca Fans