20 - Sergi Roberto

Raketa10

Roberto is an average player and nothing more than that. He should be a solid backup and that's it. Problem is that he is our starter on the RB position which he clearly isn't primarily because his defending is awful.

Barcilliant

In the end can't say I can fully blame Roberto for this mess.

He exploded in 2015/16 as a good utility player in the squad as we were fucked by the transfer ban that season and injuries as our bench was weak and the signings of Arda and Vidal didn't work out as plan. perhaps one of the biggest gifts Lucho gave us during his time here.

The system we have clearly doesn't benefit him at RB, He's being asked to be that Jordi Alba on the right hand side despite lacking the pace and defensive ability. Asking him to cover that much ground especially with Messi in that false RW role with his current deficiencies is not a good idea at all especially considering his cover is Jelly legs Rakitic and a decaying Pique who was never the greatest 1v1 defender out there.

These problems will persist until Valverde finally realizes you can't play certain players together anymore. If you want Roberto to be the starting RB, you need to bring in a CB who is comfortable defending wide areas and 1v1s and an actual RW who can help Roberto out as well. Not this current setup we have now.

Good post.

biraboyz

Banned
Rafinha 1/10th the minutes of Semedo? Did you pull that figure out from the same place BBZ does his "stats"? :lol:

Semedo has no match rhythm cos of extended benching. You can't just play all matches in first half of the season and then sit out the rest of season saying you got enough minutes.

Brazil has a lack of quality MFs. Not to mention MFs have more spots in the team.

Did Lucho know better when he excluded Alba from Spain? You have really drunk the "managers can do no wrong" kool aid like Wolfe haven't you? :lol:

i bet ur the president of Semedo fans club:lol:
i bet you think this Spain vs Croatia is very important and not experimental game, if that's Semedo for sure it's 0-0 because of he's a great defender :lol:

biraboyz

Banned
Roberto is an average player and nothing more than that. He should be a solid backup and that's it. Problem is that he is our starter on the RB position which he clearly isn't primarily because his defending is awful.
Semedo is an average player and nothing more than that. He should be a solid backup and that's it. Problem is that he can't out performed a not natural RB

Messigician

Lucho is a dumbass. If I was Spain manager this would be my lineup and yes I have coached professionally in the past

Alcacer Costa
Alonso Alcanatara Busquets Roberto
Alba Nacho Ramos Carvajal
Kepa

Saladin

Can we just blow the bank for Kimmich, De Ligt and FDJ already?!!

And drop Sergi and Piqué like two hot potatotes. Instant fix and 7-9 CL trophies.

Cule4life

The Culest
i bet ur the president of Semedo fans club:lol:

Looking at your childish deflections and whataboutism, you must be the president (a very shitty one at that) of the Bob fan club

i bet you think this Spain vs Croatia is very important and not experimental game, if that's Semedo for sure it's 0-0 because of he's a great defender :lol:

Edit as soul24rage said: 0-0>3-2

Bob was 100% responsible for the first goal. And partially for the last one as he could have closed down the shot by Brekalo which led to Jedvaj's goal.

So it would have been 2-2 or 2-1 for Spain instead of 3-2

Last edited:

Saladin

Since when did he have his hair cut?

Anyways, predicting it. MoTM for Atleti, Sergi 'Couldn't Catch a Cold' Roberto!

Si, sigte.jpg

Raki13

Injury is the only thing that will get him out of the team. Very average player , never been good enough for Barca.

Raketa10

This is the second time this year he is out for a longer period. First time Semedo really stepped up so I hope he does it again.

Home of Barca Fans