20 - Sergi Roberto

PhilS

Good to hear that his renewal is close, he is an excellent squad member. It does not matter if he never starts regularly in midfield, or even if he is in the first 11. He will continue to get more minutes than some of the first 11, at multiple positions. His versatility is very valuable.

His defensive positioning when playing RB continues to be scary. But you have to admit, his defensive results as RB are much improved from last season. Offensively, at RB, as of now he is much better than Semedo. Semedo continues to look like he does not know how to contribute to the attack, despite the evident talent.

khaled_a_d

What an assist
He is slowly turning into probably the most underrated RB in the woorld. still some room for improvement on the defensive end

xXKonan

I wonder if he has a shot at making Spain's 2018 WC squad.

in terms of RBs there's Carvajal,Odriozola and Azpilicueta. There's Bellerin as well but Roberto has been much better than he is last season and this season so far.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Was sad Semedo was left out but you can't complain about Roberto's game. Wish we would fit them both but these performances only cement Roberto as RB.

behindbrowneyes

Tbf to Valverde, La Liga stats speak pro Roberto too.

Semedo:
585 minutes
47.4% duels won :neutral: --> I really like him, but that's pretty poor for a defender.
33.3% aerial duels won
7 interceptions
10 tackles /80% won
9 clearances
1 block
89.6% pass accuracy
42.7 passes/game
4 fouls won / 3 conceded

Sergi R.
956 minutes played
68.4% duels won
37.5% aerial duels won
13 interceptions
30 tackles/ 63.3% won
8 clearances
1 block
92.0% pass accuracy
57.2 passes/game
12 shot assists
12 fouls won/ 7 conceded

henias

- All of barca fanbase everywhere

Not bcos Roberto isnt good as a RB but if EV were to play Busquets than Rakitic needs to be dropped and Iniesta could possibly take up the RCM role. And Roberto can move up to RW to put more crosses, with the absence of Dembele. Semedo can then try to find back his confidence in the rb spot.

Gnidrologist

Although he's still not aggressive enough for my liking, he still manages to make more good openings for teammates from his RB position than Rakitic. Only reason i can think of why he isn't played in midfield is Valverde's obsession with keeping tight defense and Rakitics is really good holding mid. Roberto does fail in defense more than Raki, but on the other hand he sometimes creates spaces for teammates in attack out of nothing. Probably a big dilemma for conservative Valverde, when choosing whom to play where.

Home of Barca Fans