User Tag List

Page 410 of 411 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411 LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6153

Thread: 20 - Sergi Roberto

  1. #6136
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,370
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez and Alba are the last two players I would consider giving Captaincy to.

  2. #6137
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8,451
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Never. Suarez sulks and whines after every conceded goal. Not a player to inspire the team.
    Saying he's sulking is over-exaggerating. He just expresses his dissatisfaction at the way the team is performing and questions them.

    Barcelona lack players who are vocal and demanding on the pitch, we probably only have 4 of them: MAtS, Suarez, Vidal and Messi (at times).

    I'd take that over the alternative, which is staying quiet and not being vocal.

    Whether people like to admit it or not, Saurez is a leader for Uruguay and he was a leader for Liverpool. That counts for something. He might not have been captain, but you can't question that the players in both those lockerooms look at him to lead their teams.
    Last edited by Devils; 10th August 2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Puyol #5

  3. #6138
    Senior Member
    wisconsincule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fourth captain. Good for him.

  4. #6139
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post


    Bob as 4th captain! he came a long way and big congrats to him. Truly a great model for la masia kids
    They all have a pretty weak presence.

  5. #6140
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Roberto is the regular starter at RB again this year, he will be playing in all of the rotation games. He has always been an outstanding pre-season player. So, he is likely to be on the field when the other captains are not playing.

    Fine choice to add to the roster of captains, he certainly was acting like the captain on the U.S. tour this summer.

    He is a good bet to be on the Barca squad until he retires. He does good things on the field in whatever position he is playing, he exemplifies how to play in the Barca style (except for that stupid red card late last season). He could move into management after retirement.

  6. #6141
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,370
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should've had Mats in there as a Captain ahead of Pique.

    Dude is the real leader of the backline while Pique has done a good job making a fool of himself and the club in the past couple of years.

  7. #6142
    New signing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMU ReBorn View Post
    With him as a fourth captain , board is sending a signal that he should be a starter and I dearly hope EV doesn't start him at Rb spot
    The board isn't sending anything. It's an anonymous team voting that determines who is among the captains.

    This is why I don't understand the 'X should have been captain ahead of Y' comments. The team voted its captains and that choice is to be respected. No matter who you think would be the best captains or who doesn't deserve to be one, the teammates chose their captains and therefore all of Messi, Sergio, Piqué and Sergi are deserving. Period.

  8. #6143
    Senior Member
    RMU ReBorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    God's own country
    Posts
    2,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GroneDanone View Post
    The board isn't sending anything. It's an anonymous team voting that determines who is among the captains.

    This is why I don't understand the 'X should have been captain ahead of Y' comments. The team voted its captains and that choice is to be respected. No matter who you think would be the best captains or who doesn't deserve to be one, the teammates chose their captains and therefore all of Messi, Sergio, Piqué and Sergi are deserving. Period.
    He is absolutely deserving . I just don't want him to play ahead of Semedo in that Rb spot . Nothing more nothing else

  9. #6144
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,370
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think being a Captain has anything to do with players starting.

    I mean Mascherano was our 4th Captain but he no longer was considered a starter as Umtiti would make the LCB spot his. Even if Roberto is the 4th Captain there's a big chance they he probably won't be a complete starter this season if Semedo keeps up his preseason form and keeps improving.

  10. #6145
    Senior Member
    Garrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how we, The outside spectators, Think that we have a better insight than the real members of the squad, on who should and shouldn't be their captain.

    All the squad memebers participate in voting for their captains, And it's a process that is done annonymously, And this democratic and annonymous process lead to this particular selection of players, So I don't understand the ongoing fuss.

    Very happy for roberto, What a role model!
    The intellectual is willing to admit that what he does not know is far greater than what he knows; the pseudo claims to know as much as can be known about the subject under consideration.

  11. #6146
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    I don't understand how we, The outside spectators, Think that we have a better insight than the real members of the squad, on who should and shouldn't be their captain.

    All the squad memebers participate in voting for their captains, And it's a process that is done annonymously, And this democratic and annonymous process lead to this particular selection of players, So I don't understand the ongoing fuss.

    Very happy for roberto, What a role model!
    it's just a forum brother. it's what we do, we shoot the breeze and speculate... discuss things.

  12. #6147
    Senior Member
    Raketa10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,296
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Roberto but this is pure bullshit. Not a captain material at all!

  13. #6148
    Wild Man of Borneo
    DonAndres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,207
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stegen seems like a much better leader and presence on the pitch. He, along with Rakitic, are often the most welcoming to new signings from what I've seen. He also organizes our defense and build up play from the back. Very well known to be one of the most determined and hardest workers in the squad, has trained insanely hard and worked his way up to being a top 3 keeper in football.

    He also associates a lot with the fans and hyping up the team on social media, as well as giving many great interviews. IMO he should be one of the key faces in the team, he has experienced all the best and worst there is at Barca since he has arrived.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

  14. #6149
    Senior Member
    clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    I like Roberto but this is pure bullshit. Not a captain material at all!
    Ssrsly? Players voted for the captains, they thought Roberto fits to be one, how would you know anything about how Roberto is on the pitch or in the locker room.

  15. #6150
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Saying he's sulking is over-exaggerating. He just expresses his dissatisfaction at the way the team is performing and questions them.

    Barcelona lack players who are vocal and demanding on the pitch, we probably only have 4 of them: MAtS, Suarez, Vidal and Messi (at times).

    I'd take that over the alternative, which is staying quiet and not being vocal.

    Whether people like to admit it or not, Saurez is a leader for Uruguay and he was a leader for Liverpool. That counts for something. He might not have been captain, but you can't question that the players in both those lockerooms look at him to lead their teams.
    CR and Neymar are vocal too, so what? Just like them, Suarez is great player, but total ass clown. He is not vocal in inspiring leader like way like Puyol or Masch were. He just loves to complain a lot. Xavi and Iniesta were both very subdued. Didn't deserve the captaincy, i guess.
    Roberto is and engine on the pitch whenever he plays. That alone makes him fit for captaincy.
    Last edited by Gnidrologist; 10th August 2018 at 06:57 PM.

Tags for this Thread