Page 275 of 309 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4630

Thread: 20 - Sergi Roberto

SiempreBlaugrana
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    Good hair

I think Vidal is better attacking, but Bob is better than him in defense. None of them are the full rb package needed.
    Then it is time we combined the two to make Aleix Roberto.

Suarez, Neymar, Messi. SNM. Show No Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Yea, just not good enough.
    He is good, but he is NOT a defender...

Gemusesuppe
    He's like the next episode of Home Alone... only this time the bad guys win.

Lucho should just play Aleix. He knows how to link up properly and is better attacking-wise than Bob. Both are kinda meh defensively.

Not a rb, not good enough defenisively and definitely not good enough offensively.

Defending like today is why you don't replace Dani Alves with a midfielder. He should of only been a back up, not our main option.

He is also no where near imposing enough when attacking. I was okay with giving him a chance last year, but he is not what we need.
    Pwn'ing no0bs since 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    Defending like today is why you don't replace Dani Alves with a midfielder. He should of only been a back up, not our main option.
    He is also no where near imposing enough when attacking. I was okay with giving him a chance last year, but he is not what we need.
    He is not what this team needs in that position.
    We need someone similar in style to Alves...

BTW, did you notice that in the entire last season's team (and before) Alves was the only one who knew how to accomplish a throw-in??? And of course creating danger out of it...

Good luck to him with stronger opponents, soon PSG, its not position for him, as a backup, okay, but not as a first option

Banned

He's a better mid than Arda or Denis or Rafinha. Club needs to hang onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post

Yeah cus alves was known for his sick defending skills lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    Alves was/is a pretty good defender and more importantly very aggressive in pressing the opposition players, which led to many interceptions, but also many small fouls that interrupted opposition`s game flow.

I will give just one example - the first Messi`s goal against Bayern in 14/15 ; Alves won the duel high up the pitch and played a pass to Messi in good position. The rest is history.

FlaFCB
    He actually was. Seems you didn't watch all of his 8 years at Barça. Probably just the last 2, by your misinformed comments.

Vice President of FC Barcelona
    alves was one of the strongest 1v1 defender. It's just he lost pace later in his career so he couldn't catch up to opponents when he was on the opposite end of the flank due to his attacking nature

Barçapocalypse NOW!
    When Alves was motivated he had peak Cristina in his pocket all game long...
    Legends!
    #6 - #5

He hasn't been at his best for the last couple months or so, but what happened to everyone who was saying Alves who? Some of his performances early in the season were at the level of prime Alves and that's not an exaggeration. Didn't Roberto pick up an injury this season? I forget. Maybe that's why he is underperforming. Either way I agree with those who say he should move back to midfield. Unless we get Verrtati (90% chances that WONT happen) he is the perfect complement to iniesta and busquets in the midfield. Unless we switch to a double pivot with Messi as the AM which in that case he'd be the perfect partner for Busi in the pivot
    Last edited by SocalBarcaFan; 12th January 2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Guardiola: “My players are eternal, legendary, unrepeatable and honest”...... AMEN Pep!