20 - Sergi Roberto

Arizona Scott

I'm actually shocked he didn't get a single minute out there today.

Seemed like one of those games Valverde would have subbed him on as a winger/RM to help bring energy.

I think he has to use Bob and Semedo as fullbacks this weekend b/c of Alba suspension.

Might have played Bob instead of Alena with the benefit of hindsight, but good he got the match off and can focus on Bilbao.

I'd rather see Bob used to rotate with Alba and Semedo, particularly to keep Jordi fresh, than have him as a midfielder. We finally have some midfield depth, fullbacks, not so much. I think Bob is better on the side (forward or defense) than the center anyway--I don't think he sees or processes full field information as fast as Busi, Arthur, Rakit or Vidal.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Any chance we see him in midfield in the next couple of weeks?

Especially if Semedo - rightly - keeps his spot.

-

I wouldn't be against it all that much.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Any chance we see him in midfield in the next couple of weeks?

Especially if Semedo - rightly - keeps his spot.

-

I wouldn't be against it all that much.

I'm all for seeing Roberto at CM or CDM. Just not RM in front of Semedo like it was in the Roma debacle. That just doesn't work.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was all alone late in the game with acres of space in front of him, but obviously Busquets had to do his cute little trick and slow down the play to pass it sideways to Pique.

EdmondDantes

Valverde's best decision tonight.

Enough of that fucking Vidal, Rakitic & Busquets midfield.

Sergi Roberto was by far our best midfielder tonight. He pressed, won the ball high up the field again and again and playing Messi through a lot, incisive passing as well.

He's technically decent and in comparison to Vidal and this version of Rakitic, he's infinitely superior. If playing him means fewer minutes for either of the ageing, technically poor dinosaurs, then I'm all for it. That goes for Alena as well.

--

Edit:

Just saw Valverde's post match press conference and he stressed he thought Sergi playing really well, that's he is a midfielder and that playing him over Vidal was a decision he took a while ago.

Great insight that. That's him basicallly acknowledging the midfield of Vidal-Rakitic has been atrocious and detrimental to Busquets game (who was another one who had a great game tonight).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans