20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

I still go with the theory that he wouldn't be that bad as an RWB in a back three formation (3-4-3/3-4-2-1/3-5-2) as he would have some decent protection from a Third CB.

But as a pure RB and expecting him to cover the right flank attacking and defending wise he's not good at all.

Barcilliant

In a way it's not even his fault.

The manager should be able to see there's a problem. Time and time again we get cut apart down the right side.

Messigician

He needs to play RM ffs and Semedo right back. I have coached before and I can tell you our best formation is this.

Suarez Messi
Coutinho Arthur Busquets Roberto
Alba Pique Umtiti Semedo
Ter Stegen

Defend Rakitic all you want but if he gets any slower he will be a turtle and to play double pivot he CANNOT afford to be any slower which he will be as he is overused and past 30.

biraboyz

Banned
Three out of four goals came down his flank. Roberto sucks as a rb.

and? so it's his fault that Barca midfielders are missing that exposed the backline for that 2nd goal, that came from the right side? I bet it's his fault that Lenglet wait for an offside call and raise his hand than man marking the player. The first goal was a good one, 3rd one is on the goalie and still a good shot too

Zidane82

I really don't mind Roberto as an occasional midfielder but he should never be a starter at any position let alone a key full back area

Zidane82

He needs to play RM ffs and Semedo right back. I have coached before and I can tell you our best formation is this.

Suarez Messi
Coutinho Arthur Busquets Roberto
Alba Pique Umtiti Semedo
Ter Stegen

Defend Rakitic all you want but if he gets any slower he will be a turtle and to play double pivot he CANNOT afford to be any slower which he will be as he is overused and past 30.

Exactly right about Rakitic who was officially the slowest squad member last year including the three keepers and he's much slower this season

cro-man

A new rb is needed if semedo cant take over! Roberto wasnt and wont be good enough never will and never was. Under lucho he sucked and thats why we have gone for semedo in the first place. Now semedo seems not to be good enough and roberto is again our rb. Him and pique side by side is suicide. We are conceding the easiest goals which will cost us at this point everything.

Sorin

Like I said before, maybe Semedo is not the RB for us but I'm sure as hell Roberto isn't either. If Semedo is not considered good enough for whatever reason, a starting caliber RB should be bought in the summer. Do not fucking dither again and consider Roberto a starter for another season. Enough is enough with Bob who isn't even that good of an attacking fullback really. He's merely decent on that side of the ball while being a sieve in defence. I mean, if it continues like this might as well turn Malcom into a goddamn fullback and add even more attacking flair than Roberto. How much worse will the defence get?

A full back should be able to defend first and foremost. It's in the fucking title and Bob is unfortunately in another galaxy on that side of the ball. I understand that for our style of play having attacking qualities in a full back is very important but, I repeat myself, Roberto is not even that good offensively so what's the point really.

Last edited:

xXKonan

My biggest fear of getting another Right back is that even if it happens Valverde, assuming he stays will still prefer having Roberto as a starter no matter how good the new RB performs. I mean go back and listen to his comments about Roberto after the Classico, it seems Roberto will always be his favorite.

Last edited:

Sorin

My biggest fear of getting another Right back is that even if it happens Valverde, assuming he stays will still prefer having Roberto as a starter no matter how good the new RB performs. I mean go back and listen to his comments about Roberto after the Classico, it seems Roberto will always be his favorite.

Well, I'm assuming he's gone at the end of the year, otherwise it would all be in vain as it seems that nothing short of buying peak Dani Alves will make him let go of Bob.

El Flaco

Sergi Roberto causes Croatia's 1-0 goal against Spain tonight...

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/rvull/leacvy" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Zidane82

Sergi Roberto causes Croatia's 1-0 goal against Spain tonight...

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/rvull/leacvy" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Why am I not surprised :)

Home of Barca Fans