20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

He won't be sold but under any real coach though he would only be used as a bench player and as an emergency RB and that's it.

Still amazes me how he's the 4th Captain of this squad while there are others that are far more worthy of that title.

Devils

Manchester City's Future Captain:

[tw]1130541294818869249[/tw]

Barcelona's Future Captian:

[tw]1130506715613605888[/tw]

Tackle

thats a scary thought.. this guy could actually end up club captain :lol:

That wouldn't be ideal, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Sergi is embodiment of the Catalan dream. Local boy coming up through La Masia, limited technically, hard worker, struggled for chances in the first team, was persistent despite offers from elsewhere and ended up carving out a nice role for himself on the team with plenty of iconic moments.

He is adored by the locals and the squad loves him too seeing they voted him as fourth captain ahead of more senior players like Alba, Suarez, Rakitic and Ter Stegen.

Not to mention he is a vastly superior right back option to Neslon "I need more time to learn how to attack" Semedo.

Us international fans will never appreciate and love Sergi like the way he is in Catalonia.

CatalinR10

Sergi is embodiment of the Catalan dream. Local boy coming up through La Masia, limited technically, hard worker, struggled for chances in the first team, was persistent despite offers from elsewhere and ended up carving out a nice role for himself on the team with plenty of iconic moments.

He is adored by the locals and the squad loves him too seeing they voted him as fourth captain ahead of more senior players like Alba, Suarez, Rakitic and Ter Stegen.

Not to mention he is a vastly superior right back option to Neslon "I need more time to learn how to attack" Semedo.

Us international fans will never appreciate and love Sergi like the way he is in Catalonia.

Vastly superior than Semedo ?

Lmao good one.

Roberto is not even worth cleaning the bench for Barcelona as a RB. He gets torn appart by every decent guy out there. What are you going to respond now ? That Semedo is not better because he got dominated 1 time in 2 years of his Barca career by that vinicius guy ? Miss me with that shit.

I was rooting for him to make it here but now because his reputation of being a masia boy he gets first choice as a RB even though he's shit there.

jairzinho

There's a reason why the catalan smybol hasn't played much for Spain. At 27 he hasn't even played more than 10 games.

He is a good squad player but that's about it. We would be foolish to start him at rb next season.

But i won't be surprised if the bottle master Valgreen starts him again.

Latschenkiefer

I don't know if it has always been like that, but I think in contrast to squad votings or coach decisions in other clubs the captaincy is usually awarded to the players with the longest time as a first team member or rather the earliest first team debut. Following that rule it has to be Messi (04/05), Busquets (08/09), Piqué (08/09) and Roberto (13/14). Alba is part of the team since 12/13 but Roberto had already played for the first team during his 3 1/2 years at the B team. The other players you mentioned have no business to be one of the four captains.

Catta

Manchester City's Future Captain:

[tw]1130541294818869249[/tw]

A reminder that City paid Bernardo 50 mil, while our idiots paid 160 mil for the Brazilian Denis Suarez. God I hate our board. Bernardo would have been the perfect AM, the perfect Iniesta replacement. Technical and hard working, even the idiot Valverde would have loved him in midfield.

A reminder that City paid Bernardo 50 mil, while our idiots paid 160 mil for the Brazilian Denis Suarez. God I hate our board. Bernardo would have been the perfect AM, the perfect Iniesta replacement. Technical and hard working, even the idiot Valverde would have loved him in midfield.

When he was at Monaco I remember thinking that he was the closest thing to Leo in world football, which is probably why we didn't go for him. He was an exclusive RW cutting inside on his left. If we would have bought him he would not have got the playing time to have been converted in to a midfielder. He would have been treated like Malcom.

MTL_Barca

If it was possible to fuse Roberto and Semedo they would make a great RB together. On their own they both lack some key qualities.

Home of Barca Fans