20 - Sergi Roberto

Havesaks

Its funny how a pretty medium talent like Robert probably will go down as a clubman with names like: Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Sergio. I hope he will stay here till he retires and be a great squad player legend!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Its funny how a pretty medium talent like Robert probably will go down as a clubman with names like: Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Sergio. I hope he will stay here till he retires and be a great squad player legend!

Uhm...what?

He won't go down with those names at all.

Havesaks

La Masia, catalan, 4th captain, one club player, la remontada, el classico player, great personality = well-liked, saviour of RB, squad-skills, barca-dna etc. I like the players the most who have a connection to The club besides wages, fame and trophy-hunting. And Robertos feelings Are pretty strong for the club. For me thats enough to be called icon along The other mentioned names. If he stays and retires here till 33-35.

In fact I kinda want to put him above Valdes who seems to have cut all ties with The club?

xXKonan

While it's good that we have a regular La Masia like Roberto, in reality, is he is pretty much this generations Gabri, except more talented which isn't a bad thing either.

But in truth, he shouldn't be anywhere near in the same names such as Valdes, Puyol, Messi, Pique, Busi, Iniesta, Xavi etc. Sorry, him being Catalan or from La Masia and him being at the right place at the right time during the Remontada and him being good in the El Classico shouldn't warrant him being in the same sentence as this guys.

Ter Stegen also deserved the 4th Captain slot ahead of him as well.

Havesaks

If he keeps evolving as a lockerroom leader he might very well be captain or second captain only second to ter Stegen in a couple of years. Its not that unlikely and being catalan and la masia does mean a lot something for the club (locals/socios).

Arent the players voting for captains? He most have some respect in the squad to be voted nr. 4?

Well maybe i stand a bit alone with my opinion, but if he keeps it up I will mention him as an icon and clubman. (not a legend ofc like the other players named)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He won't go down with those names when he isn't even an undisputed starter at his position. I thought you meant he'll go down as a legend along with those names.

Havesaks

He won't go down with those names when he isn't even an undisputed starter at his position. I thought you meant he'll go down as a legend along with those names.

Well yes, sorry for the confussion. I didnt mean "squad player legend" him beeing on legend-level, just that it will be his trademark (LB, RB, DM, RM, RW, CM.) ones he retires and we think back.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
ehm, not even backup or bench worthy - we could actually get some money if we sell now, just bye and get a RB backup

Home of Barca Fans