20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

Roberto is no longer that fringe player who only plays once in a blue moon against lower copa-del rey sides or against very weak la liga teams. Honestly do you blame him for wanting more money? he's one the lowest paid player we have in the squad right now and he's been a consistent regular for us since 2015.

We pay the likes of Arda,Verm etc a lot more in wages despite hardly featuring and are mostly injured most of the time or have a poor set of performances. I honestly feel we are trying to take him for granted because he came up through La Masia and this is his boyhood club and there's no way he would make a fuss.

If you ask me I'm really no longer fully sure he's a guy who blindly say "I will stay forever and would accept anything the club is offering me" Like I said above he's no longer the fringe player he was during the 2013-14 season or most of the 14-15 season. He's created a good reputation of himself.

There's probably more to it as well than just wages, he could be frustrated that he isn't getting any more chances in the Midfield and would like more assurances he can get more play time in the middle than just being stuck out wide at RB/RW.

I think Roberto is seriously thinking a lot of about his options right now, he was heavily rumored to go to Chelsea during August and I wouldn't doubt he had a lot more offers from some pretty good clubs as well. we will just have to wait and see.

JamDav1982

Roberto wont go and play regularly in any top top midfield.

He is a good player who works hard but whatever club he goes to he will be same as Barca. Utility type player that covers a number of positions including RB.

Could well get much more money for doing that in EPL though.

M

MessiCam

Manchester City and Juventus want him. He’d do well to go to Juventus because that’s where he’d get the most playing time.

Barça are just messing him around. He is way too good to be a right back. Denis should leave too because apparently Valverde has more faith in Gomes than him.

JamDav1982

Dont think he would nail down a starting place at either of them certainly not City.

Would be used in much same way at Barca at City probably used less if anything.

Think he is a bit easily pushed off ball and not amazing techincally to make up for it to play in a top top midfield.

He suits more open position where he can open the legs and drive forward.

M

MessiCam

Dont think he would nail down a starting place at either of them certainly not City.

Think he is a bit easily pushed off ball and not amazing techincally to make up for it to play in a top top midfield.

He definitely won’t be regular at City but Juventus are looking to revamp their midfield. Think they’re in for him to replace Marchisio.

JamDav1982

He definitely won’t be regular at City but Juventus are looking to revamp their midfield. Think they’re in for him to replace Marchisio.

I have read that Juve supposedly see it that way just dont think he would be in their midfield if they are competing at top end of CL etc.

clemente

Hasnt anything to do with being a snake.

Every player will take money and position within squad into account when deciding on contracts etc.

Yes it is, if someone is a starter in our team but leaves us for a higher wage - snake. Of course Roberto would be understandable if he left but I don't mind low buyout clauses.

JamDav1982

Yes it is, if someone is a starter in our team but leaves us for a higher wage - snake. Of course Roberto would be understandable if he left but I don't mind low buyout clauses.

Nope.

Any player will consider money from Xavi, Puyol to Messi.

Completely naive to think otherwise.

clemente

Nope.

Any player will consider money from Xavi, Puyol to Messi.

Completely naive to think otherwise.

Pretty sure they had plenty money offered to them, and we already are paying insane wages to them, our wages are the highest in the world, I doubt that you would say "good luck in your next chapter" if Umtiti ditched us right now.

JamDav1982

Pretty sure they had plenty money offered to them, and we already are paying insane wages to them, our wages are the highest in the world, I doubt that you would say "good luck in your next chapter" if Umtiti ditched us right now.

Doesnt matter. Those players legends or not take money into account and if they felt they were being underpaid it would be a factor.

None of them would play for shitty wages out of principle.

Barca have amongst the highest wages in the world but that doesnt mean that individual players are getting paid more than could elsewhere.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Well he's not really the kind of player that might suit a role like say Fernandinho does at City. You have to admit that he has at least above average passing and a pretty good distribution. He's pretty good in defense for a midfielder and he has those moments where he decides to go full Messi on the opponent's ass. Overall he might not be the best midfielder out there, but put him in a decently functioning midfield and you're sure to have a solid and reliable option in the middle that may be the jack of all trades

Doesn't matter in the slightest if he have an insane wage bill, you don't look at another company and say well look their guy is not being paid so much, so its ok if the useless turd next to be is being paid higher than me. Roberto is one of the lowest paid players in the team and has more contribution than Arda, Aleix, Verm, Gomes, Denis and Rafinha combined. As such he is quite in his rights to demand a significantly better offer without being labeled a disloyal snake

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Well he's not really the kind of player that might suit a role like say Fernandinho does at City. You have to admit that he has at least above average passing and a pretty good distribution. He's pretty good in defense for a midfielder and he has those moments where he decides to go full Messi on the opponent's ass. Overall he might not be the best midfielder out there, but put him in a decently functioning midfield and you're sure to have a solid and reliable option in the middle that may be the jack of all trades

I have said he is a good player just dont think he would nail down a starting spot in any top midfield and think would end up being similar to what would be at Barca.

Behrox

I have said he is a good player just dont think he would nail down a starting spot in any top midfield and think would end up being similar to what would be at Barca.

well it basically depends on what you consider a top midfield. If that includes a top 4 team in top 4 leagues, I'd disagree and say Roberto is good enough for most CL sides, maybe not starter material for the semi-final sides (but we haven't seen him start what so ever as a midfielder for any significant amount of time so...)

JamDav1982

well it basically depends on what you consider a top midfield. If that includes a top 4 team in top 4 leagues, I'd disagree and say Roberto is good enough for most CL sides, maybe not starter material for the semi-final sides (but we haven't seen him start what so ever as a midfielder for any significant amount of time so...)

Likes of City, PSG or Real or a Barca as fav in CL is what I would say top team is.

Bayern maybe.

Teams below that like Chelsea, Atletico etc probably not either.

Behrox

Likes of City, PSG or Real or a Barca as fav in CL is what I would say top team is.

Bayern maybe.

fair enough, but I still say we won't really know of his prowess until he stops getting garbage midfield mins even them with gomes as his partner

Home of Barca Fans