Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303
Results 4,531 to 4,544 of 4544

Thread: 20 - Sergi Roberto

great
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

It's interesting going back to this video that showed some of his best highlights from 2013/14 and 14/15 season, He's come a long way since then. The chances he got early on under Lucho during the first part of the 2014/15 season, he looked timid and kept it simple. He was eventually dropped by Lucho, for awhile and didn't make the squad much other than the early Copa games as Rafinha, overtook him in the pecking order.

His lack of courage at times when he actually got to play in the first half of the 2014/15 season frustrated me and got me wondering why was he still here? But he proved me wrong big time and he's getting better and more confident.

I look back at him playing RB, and while it's true it's a waste to use him there, He did learn quite a bit from it despite the position being our biggest weakness this season.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play more in midfield next season. He is the only non-starting midfielder on this year's squad with really good upside for the future. He never needs to get into the first 11, he can be a very valuable player backing up at multiple positions.

Honestly if we can't get Verratti, I feel we should have Roberto and Rakitic play the deep-lying CM role next season.

Sergi is included back in Spain squad for the friendly against Colombia and qualifier against Macedonia.

I doubt hes gonna play for Spain because midfield is too stacked and hes not gonna be ahead of Carvahal.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    My ideal scenario for him is he finds his place in Valverde's 2 man midfield with Busquets alongside him and Messi directly in front of them. He has the energy and lungs for it.

It's too bad we went into the season with no true RB so he was stuck playing there. He probably would have helped us out a lot this year had he still been in the midfield. I'd be interested to see if he can play the two man midfield with Busi.

i think sergi rob. played good games in the last season as lateral defender and he has a lot of talent.

i don't know if he can be one of the midfielders of line-up next season, but maybe just an alternative.

New signing

Think his importance to us is going to continue to grow. He's been involved in a couple of our biggest moments this season and has bags of energy right until the final whistle.

Good utility player to have, would be interested to see how he fairs in the midfield with a good run of games instead of appearances here and there.

Busquets-Rakitic-Sergio would have been a decent midfield trio, provided that we had signed a decent RB instead of the average Vidal. He's no Iniesta when it comes to pure ability, but iniesta is not defending well at all and extreamly slow nowdays . Some crucial goals conceded were result of his defending, or rather the lack of it.
    kilometers matter ..

Quote Originally Posted by Total-Football View Post
    Busquets-Rakitic-Sergio would have been a decent midfield trio, provided that we had signed a decent RB instead of the average Vidal. He's no Iniesta when it comes to pure ability, but iniesta is not defending well at all and extreamly slow nowdays . Some crucial goals conceded were result of his defending, or rather the lack of it.
    Surprised even our fans mistake his name, and that midfield is very uncreative, we have already tried it out but it's just really bad offensively

Who is Sergio?

Sergi Roberto is my last worry about the team.