20 - Sergi Roberto

Andresito

Staff member
He might be lacking match fitness, those too late passes to an offside teammate were annoying to watch.

Arizona Scott

Right back is simply Barcelona's weak spot. Neither Roberto or Semedo is terrible there. I think Roberto works with teammates better (not surprising for how long he has been with the club) but not the 1v1 defender.

I think La Liga matches should be split down the middle, if Semedo's team shows a lot more fortitude, than play him in the CL, but it is on Semedo to show the team (practice, which we don't see, and matches, which we do) plays better with him.

To have both Roberto and Semedo as options isn't great, but not terrible either.

I will say I think Roberto is better as an RB than as a midfielder. I think he is top 15 or so in the world at RB, much lower than as a DCM, CM. The drop off from Busi, Rakitic or Vidal (probably willing to include Arthur too) in the middle of the park is pretty big, where as I think it is a little unclear the net benefit whether him or Semedo play at RB.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's so telling how bad this guy is compared to a 35-year old Alves who is even trusted with playing as a CM in his current team.

So long as he's your RB of choice, you won't win a thing. Far too many good LWs out there to exploit him.

Cule4life

The Culest
[MENTION=21827]biraboyz[/MENTION] [MENTION=22244]Nothanks[/MENTION] a penny for your thoughts?

Sadly no matter how shit he is Valverde will still play him in the CL.

YodaMaster

If this guy somehow keeps being the starter at RB after what we saw in the last few weeks, then fuck this coach, fuck this board, fuck this whole club as long as it's run by these idiots.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

We know what's Roberto worth at his best and it's average. We don't know what Semedo is worth at his best because there's no way he peaked while being managed like shit. But even without being at his top, Semedo is a far superior RB to Roberto.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I'm starting to get the feeling that he might not be athletic enough to play as a right back any more. His athleticism and bursting runs with the ball were the things that distinguished him during his first two seasons as a RB, but they gradually became rarer and rarer, and these days you hardly even see them. On top of that, he seems heavy and can't keep up with any wingers nowadays. I remember that he looked as a speed demon when he's first played at RB against Athletic away in the 15-16 season. Perhaps he's gotten too complacent and conservative because he knows that EV will keep playing him. Either way, something is not right with his physical attributes. Anyway, however, we should give Wague a chance, I've been saying it since he has been bought.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm starting to get the feeling that he might not be athletic enough to play as a right back any more. His athleticism and bursting runs with the ball were the things that distinguished him during his first two seasons as a RB, but they gradually became rarer and rarer, and these days you hardly even see them. On top of that, he seems heavy and can't keep up with any wingers nowadays. I remember that he looked as a speed demon when he's first played at RB against Athletic away in the 15-16 season. Perhaps he's gotten too complacent and conservative because he knows that EV will keep playing him. Either way, something is not right with his physical attributes. Anyway, however, we should give Wague a chance, I've been saying it since he has been bought.

Probably using all his energy on a different activity when he's home with his wife. :roberto:

Can't blame the guy, have you seen her?

Home of Barca Fans