20 - Sergi Roberto

Richard.H

What the hell happened to his offense? He adds nothing

To be fair a big part of his offense was his speed which understandably has decreased with age. It's harder for him to bomb forward and contribute now because he also has to sprint back to defend in case there's a counter attack. Dest is a good signing because speed and stamina are important prerequisites to be an FB nowadays.

Honestly Roberto in mid in Koeman's system wouldn't be bad. However I don't trust Firpo to start.

xXKonan

Well actually Roberto was never really a "Fast" player, his strengths were mostly his energy, link up and some of his Midfield attributes and being able to use them far more effectively at RB due to the amount of time he can think on the ball while as a CM he struggled quite a bit in that regard.

He was a bit more exciting under Lucho but I have to assume we basically just squeezed about everything we could out of him around that period after Valverde's first season.

FinBarcelonafan

Well actually Roberto was never really a "Fast" player, his strengths were mostly his energy, link up and some of his Midfield attributes and being able to use them far more effectively at RB due to the amount of time he can think on the ball while as a CM he struggled quite a bit in that regard.

He was a bit more exciting under Lucho but I have to assume we basically just squeezed about everything we could out of him around that period after Valverde's first season.

Yes. He is a dried fruit at this point. We should move on. He is done as a starter.

Hardy

right thing to do for our next captain

122vae.jpg

FinBarcelonafan

He should write a book: How to get everything out of your mediocre skills and earn millions.

It would be an instant best seller. I would buy it.

Home of Barca Fans