20 - Sergi Roberto

Messi983

The Neymar saga should teach the the bigs wigs at the club a hard lesson going forward: Do your absolutely best to negotiate a buy-out as high as you can. We simply can't afford to rely on the wills of the players to keep the team intact.

Release clauses are really not important as long as they want to be here and if they don't want to stay then you usually also don't keep them against their will, as we are not PSG.

Cule4life

The Culest
The Neymar saga should teach the the bigs wigs at the club a hard lesson going forward: Do your absolutely best to negotiate a buy-out as high as you can. We simply can't afford to rely on the wills of the players to keep the team intact.

Do you really wanna keep players against their will? Cause that works out so well you know. We need players who bleed Blaugrana on the pitch not those who minds are swayed by a couple extra million.

God Serena

Playing for Barca must be so terrible with the way you make it sound.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do you really wanna keep players against their will? Cause that works out so well you know. We need players who bleed Blaugrana on the pitch not those who minds are swayed by a couple extra million.

Since we have to have release clause in Spain we have to do everything we can to set it higher to fend off potential suitors. This is what a high buy-out fee is designed to do first and foremost from the club's perspective, to deter other clubs from acquiring a player.

In an ideal world we would love to assemble a team of Cule or players who would want to play for us no matter what, regardless of what other teams offer; however in reality, in light of the increasingly bloated fees for players in today's transfer market, and especially those clubs that have the backings of billionaires who are willing to come up with ways to circumvent the FFP to throw money to get the players they want, we have to have more protection than what the current levels of buy-outs bring us. Let's be honest, how many of us can turn down much bigger paychecks and other promises just to play for Barca? Some will I have no doubt but many won't be able to resist the temptation, I think. That's why I said rely on the will of the player to reject better pays and deals to stay with us is not going to work.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Playing for Barca must be so terrible with the way you make it sound.

Not terrible at all, but for many players if not most money is no less important than the prestige of playing for Barca. Our pay is good, one of the best in the industry if not the best. How many would take a paycut to join us like Masche did?

I am simply pointing out that in a world where some clubs are able to throw crazy money around on players, to the extend of triggering high release clauses we have to have more protection.

Cule4life

The Culest
Since we have to have release clause in Spain we have to do everything we can to set it higher to fend off potential suitors. This is what a high buy-out fee is designed to do first and foremost from the club's perspective, to deter other clubs from acquiring a player.

In an ideal world we would love to assemble a team of Cule or players who would want to play for us no matter what, regardless of what other teams offer; however in reality, in light of the increasingly bloated fees for players in today's transfer market, and especially those clubs that have the backings of billionaires who are willing to come up with ways to circumvent the FFP to throw money to get the players they want, we have to have more protection than what the current levels of buy-outs bring us. Let's be honest, how many of us can turn down much bigger paychecks and other promises just to play for Barca? Some will I have no doubt but many won't be able to resist the temptation, I think. That's why I said rely on the will of the player to reject better pays and deals to stay with us is not going to work.

And how many players are there with a greedy cunt of a father who controls his 25 year old manchild boy? Be real players still greedy after being paid the wages Barca pays will never be satisfied. You could keep the buyout at 1 Billion and i still wouldn't want a player here whose heart isn't in it.

clemente

Nowadays football players just aren't real men, bunch of fuccbois, I could never imagine someone like Schweinsteiger or Buffon being his dads bitch..

El Barcelona

Roberto should be a starter in midfield no matter who we sign IMO.
I like Roberto very much because he's a home grown player, he always gave everything he has and he doesn't make amok even when he was sitting on the bench. He truly deserves it to play plenty of games but no matter who you're, only the best player and the best fit in that position needs to be the number 1 starter.

xXKonan

[tw]890323068425469952[/tw]

Says Conte and Chelsea enquired about Roberto and is willing to pay the 40 million if he wants to leave.

[tw]890323264995819521[/tw]

Says the 40 million buyout clause is making it complicated for Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is easily worth that in this market. We really do need to get him a new contract.

You don't find many utility men like Roberto in football.

FinBarcelonafan

He is easily worth that in this market. We really do need to get him a new contract.

You don't find many utility men like Roberto in football.

40 mil € sounds bargain to me in this market. He is ready to blow up and become very good player. It would be very foolish to let him go. Not that I think he is leaving any time soon. Now is his time to shine!

Home of Barca Fans