20 - Sergi Roberto

Messi983

Barcelona announced earlier that Sergi Roberto tested positive for COVID-19. The player is in good health and is isolating at home

Andresito

Staff member
Should be back at the end of January. Will be good to provide some rest to Dest and to compete for a CM spot.

I don't think Roberto is the long term solution to our CM problems, but his mobility should be enough to keep grandpa Busi and lazy Pjanic on the bench.

FinBarcelonafan

Can't wait to get him back.

How would midfield work without Pjanic or Busi? Roberto would sit back more and let Frenkie play offense? I think Frenkie is better offensively and he would waste his talent sitting behind Roberto.

Roberto adding legs to midfield would be great now. Pjanic and Busi can't play high tempo at all.

Rory

I wonder how he'd be in a midfield 3 with Frenkie's new role of going forward. He's far more mobile than busquets, nowhere near the composure of busquets but maybe in a midfield 3 it could work?

Andresito

Staff member
I wonder how he'd be in a midfield 3 with Frenkie's new role of going forward. He's far more mobile than busquets, nowhere near the composure of busquets but maybe in a midfield 3 it could work?

I think he'd work best as Frenkie's backup.
Could try him in Busi's role but don't think it'll be an improvement overall.

Bobo32

I think he'd do better than Busquets in a two men block, but if Busquets get to play in his non-mobile role Roberto has nothing to offer in comparison.

Roberto is playing ok both as a midfield and as a right back, but I think he should be more of a rotation player than a starter.

Home of Barca Fans