20 - Sergi Roberto

bodi16

He's gonna leave if Valverde will still play him as RB / not play him at all. I remember how well he played at Bernabeu now 2 years ago, was great in that improvised 4-4-2 formation replacing Messi. I think that suits him the most.

Nothanks

Would you guys be content with a 4-4-2 formation?

I understand formations mean very little because of how much our players move in spaces etc but the idea of having 2 forwards, 2 wide midfielders and 2 hard working midfielders to do the dirty work?
sounds so odd in a team like Barca, considering how spoiled we got with the Guardiola's beautiful football.. like should we just strive to move on from the golden age and be a typical club with results guiding more than style or try to retain the style and lose quality

Givenchy

I understand formations mean very little because of how much our players move in spaces etc but the idea of having 2 forwards, 2 wide midfielders and 2 hard working midfielders to do the dirty work?
sounds so odd in a team like Barca, considering how spoiled we got with the Guardiola's beautiful football.. like should we just strive to move on from the golden age and be a typical club with results guiding more than style or try to retain the style and lose quality

agree with moving on from the golden age Pep gave us. the 'he doesn't have barca dna' thing is becoming impossible. there is no Iniesta, Messi or Xavi replacements and there probably never will be. as for formation, 4-4-2 is very ugly for me. the barca philosophy and style is at risk and i don't want to watch us play like United under Mourinho even if that gives us a 1-0 park the bus CL final win. imo Valverde is only playing that way due to the shite options we have atm

xXKonan

Honestly I think one of the reasons why we are using the 4-4-2 is because Valverde doesn't believe we have the players right now to properly execute a 4-3-3. Neymar leaving this summer and losing Dembele to Injury and not getting the Midfielders we need this summer I think Valverde doesn't believe we have the squad to execute it properly right now.

He's no stranger to the 4-4-2 as he consistently used it with Espanyol. It's not going away any time soon imo I think even Valverde will probably stick with it even when Dembele get's fit.

M

MessiCam

Honestly I think one of the reasons why we are using the 4-4-2 is because Valverde doesn't believe we have the players right now to properly execute a 4-3-3. Neymar leaving this summer and losing Dembele to Injury and not getting the Midfielders we need this summer I think Valverde doesn't believe we have the squad to execute it properly right now.

He's no stranger to the 4-4-2 as he consistently used it with Espanyol. It's not going away any time soon imo I think even Valverde will probably stick with it even when Dembele get's fit.

We played 4-3-3 earlier in the season with the same players and looked better than we do now even with a hapless Suarez. His 4-4-2 is ugly, is used to accommodate Suarez and aides his defensive tendencies. This is not about not having the players as he switches to a 4-3-3 when he needs goals.

He is setting up to play a 4-2-3-1. I can almost guarantee that...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We should just ignore the buyouts like Madrid does. Set it to billion and if player refuses: goodbye.

xXKonan

From what Miguel Rico also says, it seems it will be easier to renew Pique than Roberto.

In his article he mentions while we want to give him a 400 million buyout clause wages though are a different story. It seems like the wages Barca offered so far aren't in line what Roberto wants and the negotiations will keep dragging out.

He's on a ancient contract and he is probably the lowest earning player right now in the squad.

Jombi

We should just ignore the buyouts like Madrid does. Set it to billion and if player refuses: goodbye.

Yeah its unacceptable that a huge club like Barca is routinely becoming victim of these buy-outs that other big clubs in other countries dont have.

Last edited:

clemente

Its good to find out who the snakes are, if someone would agree to leave for a higher wage then I don't want him to be on this team.

JamDav1982

Its good to find out who the snakes are, if someone would agree to leave for a higher wage then I don't want him to be on this team.

Hasnt anything to do with being a snake.

Every player will take money and position within squad into account when deciding on contracts etc.

PhilS

That depends on how willing the 4 midfielders are to join in the final attack. Someone like Paulinho goes forward at all the right times, which reduces the need for an additional full-time forward. When Gomes is on the field, even when he does go forward he just does not have the attributes to add much to the attack.

I think this year's team can play 4-4-2 well, at least until Dembele can integrate fully into the team. For 4-3-3, you need some forward play that does a lot of what midfielders do in a 4-4-2, on both offense and defense. Neymar did this, but we have not seen enough of this from our currently available third forwards. Paco was really good in this regard in his last game.

Home of Barca Fans