20 - Sergi Roberto

Saladin

A serviceable squad player but that's it.

He's 28 years old now and hasn't massively improved in some areas of his game since the Lucho days. It's just time to stop trying to make him something he really isn't and that is a starter.

I'm tempted to believe we should be accommodating a whole higher class of squad players. He should've been loaned out rather than Alena.

xXKonan

I'm tempted to believe we should be accommodating a whole higher class of squad players. He should've been loaned out rather than Alena.
Yeah I can't see him being sold at all considering he's one of the Captains and a Local boy who scored the 6th goal in the PSG comeback.

But there needs to be a cold reality check that he simply is not good enough to be a starter here. A good rotational sub player? sure but starter? no not at all. If Semedo isn't the answer, keep looking for RBs with the assertion we need badly need a new starter and just don't simply go back to using Roberto full time there again.

We have seen the best of what Roberto can do. His flaws and inconsistency every season will relegate him to nothing more than just a sub player. He has his moments and can go stretches where he seems good but he also goes through stretches where he seriously proves he simply isn't good enough. It has been that way since at least the 2016/17 season.

Vilarrubi

This guys been getting a free pass because of the La Masia/Catalan/4th Captain shit for too long. Glad to see Setien seems to have chosen Semedo as RB though. Now just need Roberto on the bench.

JohnN

He should write a book titled: "How to play for the best club in the world for 10 years by being absolutely mediocre in every aspect of the game".

Andresito

Staff member
No need to jump him. He's never complained and always worked his heart out for this club. Him having played despite not being the best is all on the coaches.

It would be one thing if he'd talk shit like Rakitic/Vidal, not give a fuck like Arda or crumble with a weak mentality like Coutinho. But he doesn't.

Show some respect.

JohnN

He did ok.

I feel people are exaggerating somewhat, Umtiti and Vidal were worse imho

They might have been worse. But he did not do well. He was killing attacks left and right and made us go under pressure with his passes. Cannot dribble at all so he always turns back and passes clumsily to the center back. I know he is a squad player and all. But he has big limitations.

Last edited:

Alik

Yeah I can't see him being sold at all considering he's one of the Captains and a Local boy who scored the 6th goal in the PSG comeback.

But there needs to be a cold reality check that he simply is not good enough to be a starter here. A good rotational sub player? sure but starter? no not at all. If Semedo isn't the answer, keep looking for RBs with the assertion we need badly need a new starter and just don't simply go back to using Roberto full time there again.

We have seen the best of what Roberto can do. His flaws and inconsistency every season will relegate him to nothing more than just a sub player. He has his moments and can go stretches where he seems good but he also goes through stretches where he seriously proves he simply isn't good enough. It has been that way since at least the 2016/17 season.

Currently he is being used as a rotational player. Playing often because Semedo isn't all that either and we need to rotate our forwards.

serghei

Lol, out for 3-4 weeks? How come, he didn't even play... Fucking shit, he was kind of a game raiser in the Clasico.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
With Wague gone we now only have one healthy LB and one healthy RB in Firpo and Semedo. Good chance Setien will return to 3-5-2 for an occasional game.

Home of Barca Fans