20 - Sergi Roberto

Richard.H

How shit must Semedo be that this guy's versatility makes him attractive for any manager wanting to patch holes in defense?

Very good question and something that confuses me too. How bad is semedo for a makeshift RB to consistently start over him every game? Is it simply tactical reasons? Chemistry with players perhaps? I find it odd.

Zidane82

Very good question and something that confuses me too. How bad is semedo for a makeshift RB to consistently start over him every game? Is it simply tactical reasons? Chemistry with players perhaps? I find it odd.

Roberto is apparently very close to Messi ..

Barcilliant

Semedo is waaay better then Roberto defense wise. This is just the coach sucking upto an academy player. There have been many times Semedo has strung together three or four good games and then Dickverde benched him. Setien is new and doesn't want to rock the boat either. He simply is mediocre. He should be at a club like Betis.

eaman

Surely he should have tried to block the far post shot that maxi scored from and not the near post one that Ter stegen had covered

xXKonan

Roberto will go through a couple of purple patches but also go long stretches where he is pretty much useless at both ends of the field.

It was predictable once Semedo got injured, he somehow got his purple patch going and duped people into believing he's somehow good enough to be a starter and eventually it wears off and goes back to being shit again.

This will be the same fucking story every year this guy remains here. No matter who we bring in at RB, people will still fall for this guy's act.

jairzinho

Let’s see if Setien has the balls to bench him in the next game. No one cares whether he is a La Masia grad, one of the team captains or friends with Messi, the guy is a calamity in defence.

Ustari

Mou, res!
Umtiti was equally bad, but why only Sergi is being criticized? Just look at Valencia’s second goal, how Umtiti casually jogs while defending?

Devils

Watching this guy play RB is something but watching him play RW is a whole nothing level of tragedy.

Messi ----- (Put a player here to intercept pass) ----- Roberto on RW

^

And with that tactical set-up, Roberto has been completely neutralized.

Marshall D Teach

This guy is lucky Lucho had no alternative to him at RB in his last season. No way he'd have the role he does in the team right now otherwise.

Same goes for Rakitic. Lucho tried to phase him out in his last season, unfortunately the alternative was Gomes :lol:

vinni

He might not be the best but one cant argue he isnt usefull. Every position he plays he performs decent to good. He had some stinkers but they all did

soul24rage

He might not be the best but one cant argue he isnt usefull. Every position he plays he performs decent to good. He had some stinkers but they all did

I agree, he's a very good squad player capable of filling in many positions and perform decent to good.

Hopefully, he doesn't have a starting role for the team.

gregorrin10

Considering Messi's been reportedly playing with groin pain for weeks now, I honestly wouldn't mind him sitting out the smaller matches and Roberto playing up front in Roberto-Griezmann-Fati front line. He has proved under Lucho he can be very good there. As for Messi, he has to be fit and ready for the big La Liga games and the CL as much as he can be.

Home of Barca Fans