User Tag List

Page 346 of 348 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348 LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5211

Thread: 20 - Sergi Roberto

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    If I were him I would go. He is way too good to be a right back.
    At Barca that's more like RW anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    At Barca that's more like RW anyway.
    It's still not his preferred and best position.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's gonna leave if Valverde will still play him as RB / not play him at all. I remember how well he played at Bernabeu now 2 years ago, was great in that improvised 4-4-2 formation replacing Messi. I think that suits him the most.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you guys be content with a 4-4-2 formation?

I understand formations mean very little because of how much our players move in spaces etc but the idea of having 2 forwards, 2 wide midfielders and 2 hard working midfielders to do the dirty work?
    sounds so odd in a team like Barca, considering how spoiled we got with the Guardiola's beautiful football.. like should we just strive to move on from the golden age and be a typical club with results guiding more than style or try to retain the style and lose quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothanks View Post

I understand formations mean very little because of how much our players move in spaces etc but the idea of having 2 forwards, 2 wide midfielders and 2 hard working midfielders to do the dirty work?
    sounds so odd in a team like Barca, considering how spoiled we got with the Guardiola's beautiful football.. like should we just strive to move on from the golden age and be a typical club with results guiding more than style or try to retain the style and lose quality
    agree with moving on from the golden age Pep gave us. the 'he doesn't have barca dna' thing is becoming impossible. there is no Iniesta, Messi or Xavi replacements and there probably never will be. as for formation, 4-4-2 is very ugly for me. the barca philosophy and style is at risk and i don't want to watch us play like United under Mourinho even if that gives us a 1-0 park the bus CL final win. imo Valverde is only playing that way due to the shite options we have atm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think one of the reasons why we are using the 4-4-2 is because Valverde doesn't believe we have the players right now to properly execute a 4-3-3. Neymar leaving this summer and losing Dembele to Injury and not getting the Midfielders we need this summer I think Valverde doesn't believe we have the squad to execute it properly right now.

He's no stranger to the 4-4-2 as he consistently used it with Espanyol. It's not going away any time soon imo I think even Valverde will probably stick with it even when Dembele get's fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Honestly I think one of the reasons why we are using the 4-4-2 is because Valverde doesn't believe we have the players right now to properly execute a 4-3-3. Neymar leaving this summer and losing Dembele to Injury and not getting the Midfielders we need this summer I think Valverde doesn't believe we have the squad to execute it properly right now.

He's no stranger to the 4-4-2 as he consistently used it with Espanyol. It's not going away any time soon imo I think even Valverde will probably stick with it even when Dembele get's fit.
    We played 4-3-3 earlier in the season with the same players and looked better than we do now even with a hapless Suarez. His 4-4-2 is ugly, is used to accommodate Suarez and aides his defensive tendencies. This is not about not having the players as he switches to a 4-3-3 when he needs goals.

He is setting up to play a 4-2-3-1. I can almost guarantee that...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Miguel Rico, we want to raise his buyout clause to 400 million like Dembele's.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should just ignore the buyouts like Madrid does. Set it to billion and if player refuses: goodbye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what Miguel Rico also says, it seems it will be easier to renew Pique than Roberto.

In his article he mentions while we want to give him a 400 million buyout clause wages though are a different story. It seems like the wages Barca offered so far aren't in line what Roberto wants and the negotiations will keep dragging out.

He's on a ancient contract and he is probably the lowest earning player right now in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    We should just ignore the buyouts like Madrid does. Set it to billion and if player refuses: goodbye.
    Yeah its unacceptable that a huge club like Barca is routinely becoming victim of these buy-outs that other big clubs in other countries dont have.
    Last edited by Jombi; 11th November 2017 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its good to find out who the snakes are, if someone would agree to leave for a higher wage then I don't want him to be on this team.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    Its good to find out who the snakes are, if someone would agree to leave for a higher wage then I don't want him to be on this team.
    Hasnt anything to do with being a snake.

Every player will take money and position within squad into account when deciding on contracts etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothanks View Post
    That depends on how willing the 4 midfielders are to join in the final attack. Someone like Paulinho goes forward at all the right times, which reduces the need for an additional full-time forward. When Gomes is on the field, even when he does go forward he just does not have the attributes to add much to the attack.

I think this year's team can play 4-4-2 well, at least until Dembele can integrate fully into the team. For 4-3-3, you need some forward play that does a lot of what midfielders do in a 4-4-2, on both offense and defense. Neymar did this, but we have not seen enough of this from our currently available third forwards. Paco was really good in this regard in his last game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roberto is no longer that fringe player who only plays once in a blue moon against lower copa-del rey sides or against very weak la liga teams. Honestly do you blame him for wanting more money? he's one the lowest paid player we have in the squad right now and he's been a consistent regular for us since 2015.

We pay the likes of Arda,Verm etc a lot more in wages despite hardly featuring and are mostly injured most of the time or have a poor set of performances. I honestly feel we are trying to take him for granted because he came up through La Masia and this is his boyhood club and there's no way he would make a fuss.

If you ask me I'm really no longer fully sure he's a guy who blindly say "I will stay forever and would accept anything the club is offering me" Like I said above he's no longer the fringe player he was during the 2013-14 season or most of the 14-15 season. He's created a good reputation of himself.

There's probably more to it as well than just wages, he could be frustrated that he isn't getting any more chances in the Midfield and would like more assurances he can get more play time in the middle than just being stuck out wide at RB/RW.

I think Roberto is seriously thinking a lot of about his options right now, he was heavily rumored to go to Chelsea during August and I wouldn't doubt he had a lot more offers from some pretty good clubs as well. we will just have to wait and see.