20 - Sergi Roberto

Maria

In preseason, he showed a different side to himself. He'd carry the ball forward and play attack minded passes and be a genuine transitional or counterattacking threat. Now he's being way too safe and in that respect, not very useful. He doesn't "dictate" games, and now he's lacking in potency and edge as well. Hope he steps up because simply being able to make a bunch of 5 yard passes without much purpose or dominance is not the sign of an improving player.

Sergi was never someone who will dictate a game, so we shouldn't expect that from him.

I like what I read on a spanish website about him:

"Sergi Roberto it's not a player that will transform the bad game of his team in a good one; he is a complement that makes a good game of his team into an even better one. He is someone who is moving, who breaks or supports, not someone who moves the team."

psychotsek

I don't know why but the more I watch him the more I think he would be better utilized as defensive midfielder rather than a CM.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Still no idea what sort of player Roberto is or can be, tbh...I'm still a bit in the camp of him being a system player

Antimadridista1

Rafinha doesn't play at the same position.
Sergi is more a defensive, central midifielder who can play box to box.

Rafinha can play as a winger, a 10 or a false nine.

Galning

I think he can develop in a good squad player but nothing more than that. He doesn't look like the next Xavi, Iniesta or Fàbregas but you never know of course. He's still young.

The Observer

I think he has the Bojan syndrom. He's too afraid to express himself fully so he just plays it safe. What he is showing right now is not his real potential at all.

DinhoR10

I think he has the Bojan syndrom. He's too afraid to express himself fully so he just plays it safe. What he is showing right now is not his real potential at all.

+1 He played much more comfortably in the preseason match against bayern. He doesn't seem to want to make mistakes.

DinhoR10

His passing was amazing today, he looked alot like xavi dictating the midfield. Poor first touch in the first half though.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I was thinking that Roberto has a bit of Arteta about him....talented but not good enough for this first team and it's collection of world class talent. I thought he made great choices at times but the lack of quality in his first touch is not something you see much of from midfielders starting for this Barcelona team. I like Sergi and he's a perfect club player but there's a considerable drop off from Thiago in terms of talent. I see him more away from the club than staying, ultimately. Unless he's fine with being a career rotation player

Yugi

I was thinking that Roberto has a bit of Arteta about him....talented but not good enough for this first team and it's collection of world class talent. I thought he made great choices at times but the lack of quality in his first touch is not something you see much of from midfielders starting for this Barcelona team. I like Sergi and he's a perfect club player but there's a considerable drop off from Thiago in terms of talent. I see him more away from the club than staying, ultimately. Unless he's fine with being a career rotation player

agree with this, older than Thiago and worse first touch...he is good but not THAT good, sadly we need THAT good

Home of Barca Fans