20 - Sergi Roberto

Messi983

I won't blame him that much tbh.
I said it on Dembele thread, he dropped back to help but then was watching the game and didn't help.
This allowed both Moreno to attack without worrying, because he neither has someone defending him and no one to worry about in counter attack.
Roberto found himself on 2 on 1 position many times because of it.
Not entirely blameless, but it wasn't his mere fault

Agreed, I've posted some pictures in a match thread to see how exposed Roberto was with Dembele, Pique and Busi not helping him out at all.

Also, tbf Alex Moreno is probably the best attacking LB in La Liga right now (I'd say he's in a better form than Alba) and Tello has also started this season well. OTOH Moreno is also a mess defensively which Roberto exposed late in the game.

Gaudi

Sergi always defends in the middle, very close to Pique, leaving flank totally exposed. I don't know if that's coach decision or he and Pique don't trust each other so they stay close, but that is a problem. Yes, FB geling with CB is good but there needs to be a balance here, we leave our right side completely empty.

FinBarcelonafan

Destroyed them, just like when he pocketed Vini Jr.

Almost like Roberto isn't the problem but our shit system

Our shit system is combination of bad strategy and too many players who are past it or not good enough.

For example, playing high line with Lenglet and Pique. That's just asking for trouble. Playing high pressing with Busi in the midfield. Another mistake. Messi walking, not pressing. Earlier it was Suarez too. So many player need protection but we can't protect them all.

Damn, the list goes on. Dembeles inability to defend. Roberto's mediocre.

Basically our team can't hide the player negatives, like Liverpool system for example. Liverpool's high press hide their midfields inability to produce offensively. Yada yada.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Roberto wasn't all that today lol. Spain absolutely dominated and he didn't have much work defensively. Offensively, by far Spain's most passive player. Let's not let results cloud our judgements on individual players, he was by far the most ineffectual player on the pitch IMO. If the game was going the other way, he'd get destroyed once again.

JohnN

So, both Busquets and sergi out and we are left with pjanic only as FDJ will now have to play cb.
I can't fathom we have anyone else for midfield... No no no Puig and Alena. The freaking janitor will get a chance before them.
Let's stick to this system, it might work well in the segunda.

khaled_a_d

So, both Busquets and sergi out and we are left with pjanic only as FDJ will now have to play cb.
I can't fathom we have anyone else for midfield... No no no Puig and Alena. The freaking janitor will get a chance before them.
Let's stick to this system, it might work well in the segunda.

Fernandes time

Altomonte

Too bad he is injured but he had 2 opportunities to shoot inside the box before he took the long distance attempt. It almost went in due to the deflection. Koeman needs to tell his players that it's ok to try to shoot, not just wait for Messi.

Home of Barca Fans