20 - Sergi Roberto

Xaviniesta

makes intelligent runs, good cross on him, good in build up and progressing the ball, good tackling, okay in the air, okay positioning, okay pace against most teams, plenty of experience

he's is a good backup player to have.

like others said, he's the least of our worries. need to bin dumbmedo and the amigos first before we worry about him

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Yeah, people keep saying that, he is good bench player and yet he doesn't stay on the bench. This guy was a starter in each of our 3 humiliations, Roma, Liverpool, Bayern and even that 3-4 loss at Camp Nou to Setien's Betis. Bench player that keeps starting in most important games and gets destroyed every time.

shadows

Is there any truth in the City rumors? Would they pay enough for him for us to buy a RB?

At this point, no one is going to pay us anything substantial for anyone (except maybe Messi and Ter Stegen) ..To buy a RB, it would be more like sell 2-3 players or more. Although Roberto really is not the most pressing problem right now and can be a decent bench option till next season, but no way should he be a regular starter for us.

Last edited:

Messi983

Is there any truth in the City rumors? Would they pay enough for him for us to buy a RB?

Should be more than enough. We can get Dest for around 20m or just bring back Emerson. Don't know how much exactly we'd need to pay to Betis but I've read about 15m. But if we'll sell Semedo/Roberto to City we'll probably get back Cancelo in a swap deal.

Ideally, I'd sell them Semedo now and buy Dest then after Semedo flops at City and Pep will again go on a shopping spree also sell them Roberto next year and bring back Emerson. OTOH both Emerson and Dest are attacking fullbacks and I'd prefer to have one more defensively solid RB (have absolutely no idea who though) to complement with one of them so this is highly unlikely.

Messi983

MD - @gbsans] | Sergi Roberto's continuity at Bar?a is not clear, but if he continues, Koeman has told the club that he only sees him playing in his natural position as a midfielder

khaled_a_d

That's the problem, you have couple suspensions, couple of injuries and he'll be a starter next year in most important matches again, he shouldn't be an option for a manager at all.

Roberto is the ultimate utility player.
he will get a starter minutes by being the 1st option from the bench in many positions and for many tactical situations.
I don't have a problem with that.
If we actually have the world class starters in those positions, his minutes would have dropped considerably.

Home of Barca Fans