20 - Sergi Roberto

Riordon

No matter how good Semedo is defensively I will always prefer Roberto as a starter. Much better to exploit space and link up play, way higher football brain. Our game is just much fluid with him on the pitch.

Meatball

Whenever i see this guy, i remember the 0-4 defeat against Liverpool. Too weak, too soft to be a Barca starter.

Cool

How many times will he be tried as an RCM and just fail miserably there?

He and Valvarde or both of them for all I care should accept the fact that Roberto is an RB or as RM in a 442, thats it.

From the moment I saw the Roberto - Raki - De Jong midfield I knew that we would be cornered and outplayed, it’s obvious, Roberto and Raki when pressed offer nothing and will mostly either fumble it or just pass it backwards.

In games in which opponents tend to press the living hell out of us (Like clasico) you need 2 midfielders who are able to pass between the lines and break the press, now, we had De Jong who is capable of that but we were missing either Busi or Arthur to complete that and aid De Jong.

Moving on from the midfield and into a bigger issue which is Valvarde who has this weird obsession which has been going on for 3 seasons now, he thinks that the all mighty Barca is a team who can defend without the ball. Thing is, our team and most of ours players are not suited for that, Busi is a WC DM when your team is pushing the opponent onto his own half and constantly pressing them, he can sniff out the wrong pass and position himself correctly.

Now, Busi is a HORRIBLE DM in ATM type of football or the Valvarde football in which you’re (in the big games) not playing with the ball and your forced under constant pressure and the game is being played in your half, same thing for other players such as Leo whose workrate is none existent and to hide that you need the ball around your feet.

JohnN

Also playing Bob and Semedo together is just wrong. They occupy the same space, the make the same runs. It is like playing with 10 men. He should have chosen Bob for this one as he was more in form and usually does good against Madrid. that would leave a space open for the RCM. I believe Alena should have gotten that spot.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Terrible news. RIP.

ALS is a son of a bitch. Slowly losing your ability to both talk and move until you’re trapped inside your own body. Can only communicate with your eyes. Probably the disease I’m most scared to get.

Home of Barca Fans