20 - Sergi Roberto

EdmondDantes

I liked the idea of him in midfield before the season started but he's a disaster. He's got an engine and a cross when he has acres of space but is terrible at everything else.

One good half this season, a shit show in just about every game.

Sorin

Hope he gets the same treatment as Alena.

Lmao yeah right, which just shows what an useless, incompetent manager Valverde is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I woke up to the conclusion that we should just sell him and Semedo both and sign a new RB and two midfielders + promote Riqui.

I'm done with the jack of all trades, master of none who is our 4th captain which is why everyone feel the need to shove him in some place.

Riordon

I woke up to the conclusion that we should just sell him and Semedo both and sign a new RB and two midfielders + promote Riqui.

I'm done with the jack of all trades, master of none who is our 4th captain which is why everyone feel the need to shove him in some place.

You are right. Tired of these Roberto vs Semedo discussions. Conclusions is that both are not good enough, unfortunately.

xXKonan

I bet my ass off the club would sell someone like Arthur before even thinking about selling Roberto.

The guy is living off his La Masia and local boy street cred along with scoring the 6-1 goal vs PSG. He could make a decent bench option but as long as we keep hiring shitheels like Valverde, they will keep trying to make him something he really isn't.

YodaMaster

Oleguer 2.0 since day 1

Oleguer has never been called a Barça legend (some folks did it for Sergi, even on this forum !) and he's never been our 4th captain.
Btw he's the 4th captain now at 27, the 3 other captains are 32-33 years old... Even dickhead Alba should be in front of Roberto, at least Alba isn't an Espanyol level player.

YodaMaster

I bet my ass off the club would sell someone like Arthur before even thinking about selling Roberto.

The guy is living off his La Masia and local boy street cred along with scoring the 6-1 goal vs PSG. He could make a decent bench option but as long as we keep hiring shitheels like Valverde, they will keep trying to make him something he really isn't.

i don't care if he is from La Masia he is not good enough to play for us we should sell him

I mean... There has been some Masia talents that didn't deliver (Bojan, Cuenca, Montoya, Sandro, Munir), then there's been a lot of great Masia talents that haven't been given a real chance (Thiago, JDS, Grimaldo, Samper, Puig, Alena). But this dude was never a great Masia talent, despite that has been given unlimited chances, and has never delivered, but he's still a heavyweight in the FC Barcelona squad. Sergi's status is enough to show how fucked up the current board and their policies are, and how shitty Barcelona is becoming as a club.

xXKonan

I mean... There has been some Masia talents that didn't deliver (Bojan, Cuenca, Montoya, Sandro, Munir), then there's been a lot of great Masia talents that haven't been given a real chance (Thiago, JDS, Grimaldo, Samper, Puig, Alena). But this dude was never a great Masia talent, despite that has been given unlimited chances, and has never delivered, but he's still a heavyweight in the FC Barcelona squad. Sergi's status is enough to show how fucked up the current board and their policies are, and how shitty Barcelona is becoming as a club.
I see Roberto as a prop being used to tell people "See we still give our own a chance and they can indeed be successful!"

But in truth is Roberto was heading down the same road the likes of Bartra and Montoya etc were. He was linked to moves to the likes of Stoke City, Everton, Bayer Leverkusen, Valencia, etc before Lucho decided to make use of him and give him a career here.

Lucho had it right at least in the 2015/16 season when he was used as a bench/utility player and wasn't a starter but still played a good amount of mins when needed. Valverde tried to turn him into something he wasn't and that was a starter material which he isn't.

Home of Barca Fans