20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

Yeah, he's taken Rakitic's position now no doubt.

Pair him with two passers of the ball and let him be the direct Midfielder and you will get what you see today, probably the best performance he has had as a CM.

underoath

Banned
He can at least run, what does Rakitic offer nowadays, absolutely nothing. But I agree that Raki is better than Busi. Arthur-De Jong-Vidal would be my preferrd midfield combination.

Arthur De Jong Vidal ? 😂 So basically Messi will still create chances

EdmondDantes

Brilliant assist but otherwise poor first half, like most of our players. Great in the second though.

Back in pre-season when he said "Valverde changing me from full-back to midfield will be great if I play, if not, then it won't" set the tone to what's happening to Rakitic.

Sergi has almost always played under Ernesto, and he's picked him to be the new legs/engine in midfield since Ivan can't perform that role anymore. And, over these first two games, you can say it's working.

Saladin

Roberto is the symbol of EVERYTHING that's wrong under Pragmatico. Bang average. 'Can play everywhere equally skillful' - Yes, indeed. Equally shit.

BBZ8800

So hot and cold.
In some matches he is having legs, solo runs and passes.
In 50% of matches, like against Bilbao and today, he is having only legs.

This is worst that "Ivan had a good game" Rakitic.

I guess that he will be benched or moved to a RB till October.

Roberto on a CM will be one of examples where: everyone could be better than Raki/Suarez/EV isn't true and results are actually worse than with the previously hated players.

Frenkie is adjusting and is kinda lost.
Roberto is a not a CM.

Sounds promising.

Home of Barca Fans