20 - Sergi Roberto

Arizona Scott

he is a great squad player, but should not start for barcelona. and he is better on the right side than in a central position where you have to have better vision and instincts for players coming at you in multiple directions.

Devils

Total bum.

Three years of having this guy in our starting XI and getting humiliated in Europe is more than enough.

Same goes for Alba, Pique, Busi, Trashitic, MAtS and Suarez.

clemente

Sure he is a great squad player, can play many positions, can cover for an injury or a late game fresh legs, but the problem is he is the PERFECT Valverde insecurity possession keeper, the 5 midfield back-passer, the fake winger who tracks backwards and passes to Rakitic when he gets the ball, he will always be a starter under this manager, the 5th captain deserves to start over quality.

gregorrin10

Total bum.

Three years of having this guy in our starting XI and getting humiliated in Europe is more than enough.

Same goes for Alba, Pique, Busi, Trashitic, MAtS and Suarez.

Agree on everyone, but MATS? Lol, he's been saving our ass ever since the EV reign at the club started, what are you watching? He's quite possibly the best in the world right now, or at least up there with Oblak, but the latter has a much easier job in an ultra defensive team, when you compare them to us, even under EV. The difference being, they actually know how to defend, so Oblak doesn't find himself nearly under pressure and in a one on one situation not nearly as often as MATS does.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Despite coming through La Masia, as a CM he isn't really like the conventional La Masia style Midfielder. But at DM and RB is where he starts to show that he did come through the academy. I remember posting back in 2016 that I found it odd that he can show his La Masia strengths at DM and RB but not really as a CM.

Obviously, talent plays a role in it and he wasn't as talented as the likes of Thiago was. But I also assume he just doesn't have the thinking and often his touches can be slack from what we need out of a CM here in a possession style system.

At DM he's far more comfortable there like he is at RB. He can get the ball back from the back and his distribution is actually pretty solid from what I remember and he doesn't need to be forced into doing things he isn't comfortable with like he would at CM.

I could see him working as a CM in a defensive system that requires players to have the work rate to cover ground in the middle in a team that is expected to have very little possession.

Devils

Agree on everyone, but MATS? Lol, he's been saving our ass ever since the EV reign at the club started, what are you watching? He's quite possibly the best in the world right now, or at least up there with Oblak, but the latter has a much easier job in an ultra defensive team, when you compare them to us, even under EV. The difference being, they actually know how to defend, so Oblak doesn't find himself nearly under pressure and in a one on one situation not nearly as often as MATS does.

I don't care anymore about any of those players mate.

PSG 4-0
Juve 3-0
Rome 3-0
Liverpool 4-0

That's what we've had to endure over the past 3 years with those players all starting in every one of those matches.

They've had enough chances.

I want to see them all replaced.

Zidane82

Absolutely idiotic comment, maybe that's why Roberto playing well against RM majority of the time starter or not. The overrated fan favorite can barely secure his position

So that ONE half-decent game against a pizz-poor Real side makes him top player ... you’re funny :)

MATS is in every match the best GK at the world beside the real important CL Knockout matches. I mean in every humiliation he made mistakes or doesnt done any 'impossible' saves. Of course he is worldclass but he needs to show that in BIG matches.

PSG 4-0
Juve 3-0
Rome 3-0
Liverpool 4-0

That's what we've had to endure over the past 3 years with those players all starting in every one of those matches.

Lol so many humilations in the last 2 years. Cant believe this is Barca...

FinBarcelonafan

PSG 4-0
Juve 3-0
Rome 3-0
Liverpool 4-0

Amen. This is not bad luck, it's the team and players. Time for a change.

abbbs97

^yep. this is why its great to have new and hungry players like Frenkie and Griezmann. None of that Sergi, Suarez, Alba 'fans are too spoiled!!' bs.

jairzinho

I agree about guys like Bob and Rakitic not being Barca level starters but MATS is still an elite GK and definitely top 3 in the world. He’s up there with Oblak and Allison. The thing about Mats is he has to put up with guys like Bob and Raki and their brain farts in clutch moments. Even Alba. And we haven’t even talked about Valverde as yet. That’s when you realize it’s a lost cause.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans