20 - Sergi Roberto

Lapi

Regarding Roberto vs Semedo, as one user posted, Cruijff sad: if you have two ewually good players on the same position, always pick a La Masia guy.

Interesting because it is simply chauvinism.
If you follow the European trends, you can see the trend is just the opposite, especially where no bureaucratic rules limit foreign players.

If you are equal, in 90% of cases a club will opt for a domestic guy.
That happens in majority of clubs all over the world.
It is what it is.

This type of stubborn chauvinism might be valid for Catalonia, due to the particular political situation, composition of the board, but international trends oppose that, just as I've said.
When any future FCB coach HAS to be somehow related to the club, it becomes the silliest obstacle on the path to any foreseeable renewal.

"It is what it is" for your imagination and for Valverde... Look at the related stats if you have doubts and anyhow your relation to stats is as it is.

Devils

Stunning, when you think about it...

Real Madrid have have Carvajal and Odriozola as RBs...Marcelo, Regullion and Ferland Mendy (soon) as LBs.

Barcelona have two bums in Roberto and Alba in those two positions.

Staggering difference in quality.

BarçaBarça

Stunning, when you think about it...

Real Madrid have have Carvajal and Odriozola as RBs...Marcelo, Regullion and Ferland Mendy (soon) as LBs.

Barcelona have two bums in Roberto and Alba in those two positions.

Staggering difference in quality.

??? Semedo+Roberto and Alba has been better than Madrids fullbacks this season. Alba has been WORLDCLASS, while Marcelo has been utter shit.

Our rightbacks could be better, especially Roberto, but Semedo are not miles behind Odriozola for example.

Devils

??? Semedo+Roberto and Alba has been better than Madrids fullbacks this season. Alba has been WORLDCLASS, while Marcelo has been utter shit.

Our rightbacks could be better, especially Roberto, but Semedo are not miles behind Odriozola for example.

Looks like Semedo is gone, fam. He wants out.

Also, don't be surprised if Marcelo comes back into blistering form under Zidane.

BarçaBarça

Looks like Semedo is gone, fam. He wants out.

Also, don't be surprised if Marcelo comes back into blistering form under Zidane.

I would doubt that he reaches Alba-level ever again, simply because he is an old Brazilian.

If Semedo is gone, then we will buy a better right-back than Roberto - which is good news. If he stays, he could still break through with consistent playing time. Key is that Roberto shouldn't be a starter no matter what.

FCB1987

Banned
How did this guy get so much clout in the club all of a sudden? He barely played until 15/16, but now he's up there with the Busquets/Rakitic/Suarez undroppable trio.

He probably lets Valverde cuck him with Coral if it means keeping his spot.

Sidewinder

How did this guy get so much clout in the club all of a sudden? He barely played until 15/16, but now he's up there with the Busquets/Rakitic/Suarez undroppable trio.

the goal vs psg did that. he's the remontada hero.

Zidane82

Easy ... he’s one of Messi’s friends they’ve known each other forever..

xXKonan

MD claims that Roberto will be moved away from the RB spot and Valverde has decided that Semedo and Wague will be the two RB pairs.

One those "I'll believe it when I see it" deals. But Valverde does like Wague a lot though so there could be actual truth to this.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
MD claims that Roberto will be moved away from the RB spot and Valverde has decided that Semedo and Wague will be the two RB pairs.

One those "I'll believe it when I see it" deals. But Valverde does like Wague a lot though so there could be actual truth to this.

For EV that just probably means more Semedo-Roberto pair on the right wing with a 4-4-2 without wingers :lol:

El Barcelona

Is that not exact the same thing that he said last year?

MTL_Barca

Don't think it'll happen unless Rakitic leaves. With Busi, Raki, Arthur, Vidal and Frenkie + Alena there just won't be enough minutes left for Roberto as a midfielder.

If Rakitic is sold on the other hand i could see Valverde play Roberto every game as his replacement, the meltdown here would be worth it :lol:

Last edited:

snowy

Still can't believe Barto gave him a 500 mil buyout clause :shakeshead:

PSG looking for a RB to replace Alvez. If Barto somehow manages to sell him, I'll go to the Sagrada Familia and light up a candle as a mark of my eternal gratitude :angel:

abbbs97

literally the only reason why he's still here is because he's from la masia and that goal against psg. thats the only reason. otherwise he would've gone to some la liga team for 2-3m a long time ago.

Home of Barca Fans