20 - Sergi Roberto

Moe

powered by;
It's ridiculous how he always manages to get assists versus Real Madrid :lol: I think he has 6 now

Joan

Exactly. This tactic is fine for now, becuase Vinicius struggles finishing anything, but you can't do that vs Ronaldo for example.

Only up to a point. Ronaldo and Vinicius are completely different, as for now. Doubt that's ever changing, that aside... Roberto waited, would soon get help, but more importantly, kept distance. Semedo attacked the ball and was dribbled past 5 times last week. Couldn't do that once tonight. That approach didn't put Vinicius into some crazy shooting positions. Of course, if he was attacking through the middle, things would've been somewhat different, but Roberto would get support sooner.

Riordon

So good man. Surprised how he handles Vinicius and another assist.

6 assist in 20 games for him, 1 in 16 for Semedo.

I would play Roberto when Dembele is on the left. And Semedo when Dembele play right winger

YodaMaster

Had a good game (not great though) but you simply can’t compare Bob’s performance with Semedo’s in CDR return leg Clasico. Bob had massive help from Rakitic, Barca as a whole team played 10 times better this time and Vinicius + Regulion didn't have those crazy spaces they had vs Semedo who was defending alone that right flank because Roberto (who was RM in that game) completely abandoned him.

Semedo should still be the starter.

Nothanks

semedo had a 2/7 tackles in Wednesday
roberto had a 3/3 rate saturday

semedo was dribbled past 5 times wednesday
roberto 0 times.

both had 1 interceptions

if stats means anything to whomever is interested.

Danic

semedo had a 2/7 tackles in Wednesday
roberto had a 3/3 rate saturday

semedo was dribbled past 5 times wednesday
roberto 0 times.

both had 1 interceptions

if stats means anything to whomever is interested.

At least u showed once again u have absolutly no clue.
Anyone who has seen both games and has a bit of knowledge wouldnt compare them....
Despite that Roberto did a good job.

Danic

Pretty obvious what u wanted to say ;)
Nevermind. We were way more organized yestederday which lead to way less 2v1. Esspecially on our right side.

Leo_Messi

An amazing performance. I don't think that he put a foot wrong in the entire game. Outside of 1 inaccurate pass late in the game if I recall. Won every direct duel against Vinicius and Reguilón as well. A huge contrast to Semedo's performance on Wednesday night although it must be said that Roberto received the needed backing from Rakitic and Piqué. However that should not take anything away from his performance.

Definitely my top 4 performer alongside Piqué (MoM), Lenglet and Rakitic. Vidal's cameo performance was great as well.

Made the assist for Rakitic's goal as well.

What is painfully clear is that Roberto always raises his game when playing against RM. Some of his best performances in our shirt have come against RM.

Hope to see him continuing in this fashion because if that will be the case, Semedo will warm the bench.

Last edited:

serghei

An amazing performance. I don't think that he put a foot wrong in the entire game. Outside of 1 inaccurate pass late in the game if I recall. Won every direct duel against Vinicius and Reguilón as well. A huge contrast to Semedo's performance on Wednesday night although it must be said that Roberto received the needed backing from Rakitic and Piqué. However that should not take anything away from his performance.

Definitely my top 4 performer alongside Piqué (MoM), Lenglet and Rakitic. Vidal's cameo performance was great as well.

Made the assist for Rakitic's goal as well.

What is painfully clear is that Roberto always raises his game when playing against RM. Some of his best performances in our shirt have come against RM.

Hope to see him continuing in this fashion because if that will be the case, Semedo will warm the bench.

It is good that there is competition. It means both of them have to work hard for their spot. Roberto lost the spot, now he seems ready to win it again. And if he fucks up in defense again, it'll be Semedo's turn again. It sounds fair and it's the way it should be. It's not like when we had Alves, when even if he was playing at 50% he was still comfortably the best in the squad.

Joan

Roberto can be very good if he's got support. Last season, in compact 4-4-2, was much better. Individually, Semedo is pacier and stronger in duels. But as we've seen against Madrid, not good enough to own the side on his own against decent opposition. Regularly manages to do so against weaker teams, though. Did well with a winger in front and so on. In my opinion, if Rakitić and Pique offer enough support and Roberto manages to maintain the displayed level, he can be more useful as is better with the ball. Semedo's got a place of his own, with a true RW, for instance, I'd prefer Semedo since he needs less support which can additionally free the midfielder supposed to help him out. In the end, we shouldn't have a prescribed option, heavily depends on form and the teams' dynamics.

Leo_Messi

It is good that there is competition. It means both of them have to work hard for their spot. Roberto lost the spot, now he seems ready to win it again. And if he fucks up in defense again, it'll be Semedo's turn again. It sounds fair and it's the way it should be. It's not like when we had Alves, when even if he was playing at 50% he was still comfortably the best in the squad.

I agree and wrote the same some months ago. When there is no fixed starter as is the case with our RB position, both Semedo and Roberto should compete for a starting place on a weekly basis depending on their respective form, the strengths and weaknesses of our opponent and who will play next to them.

Correct me if I am wrong but Roberto usually plays very good in top games. He is continuously one of the better performers against RM, that 6-1 game against QSG and other games. I don't recall him playing in that 3-0 Roma fiasco either. Semedo did that. Not trying to say that Semedo is not a big game player while Roberto is but if history is to go by, Roberto seems to perform better in such high-profile games on average.

Roberto had a very good game against Sevilla (6-1 win) in the CdR as well where he crowned his performance with a goal.

Sure when he has a bad game he tends to have a stinker but at times I feel that Roberto's performances are judged harshly. Much like those of Piqué and yes to an extend Rakitic as well despite not being the biggest fan of the current version of Rakitic.

Overall I feel that an in-form Roberto adds more to our team than Semedo. In particularly offensively. How many assists have Roberto given this season already in all competitions? Almost 10. Semedo has 1 assist. Whatever way you look at it that is not a great output and he should be doing better in this department.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans