20 - Sergi Roberto

pregra

Looks like he has lead in his boots... from minute 1. Serious question; has he ever done something else than pass the ball backwards when he has 1v1?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He reminds me of headless chicken Alba at the height of his stupid form except without the pace or defensive recovery. Just a lot of blind running and horribly inaccurate crosses. Some of his balls today weren't even within 5 meters of any of our players.

fergus90

He's lucky to be one of a few players of his era in the La Masia production line that are decent enough footballers.

He would be a good CM for a top 8 side, but not 4th captain of Barcelona standard. In my opinion that's always been the case. Does a job reasonably well with the odd moments of brilliance e.g the el clasico run for Messi's goal.

Leo_Messi

A very limited player that gets exposed when he plays as a right back or wing-back in particular. Outside of a few spells of great form, I never understood why he plays as frequently as he does other than him being a local canterano, a non-problematic personality and a very versatile player. He is a midfielder by nature and this is the position that suits him the best. However he is not good enough to be a regular in our midfield, hence the dillema. Since Alves left a gapping hole on that right back, he has been seen as a partial solution. When Semedo has not set the world alight either, we have this strange dynamic of never really having a consistent RB.

Can't state how much of an improvement a world class RB would make for the team considering Alba owning much of the other flank.

Riordon

A very limited player that gets exposed when he plays as a right back or wing-back in particular. Outside of a few spells of great form, I never understood why he plays as frequently as he does other than him being a local canterano, a non-problematic personality and a very versatile player. He is a midfielder by nature and this is the position that suits him the best. However he is not good enough to be a regular in our midfield, hence the dillema. Since Alves left a gapping hole on that right back, he has been seen as a partial solution. When Semedo has not set the world alight either, we have this strange dynamic of never really having a consistent RB.

Can't state how much of an improvement a world class RB would make for the team considering Alba owning much of the other flank.

No good one out there. Cancelo would have been ideal

Leo_Messi

No good one out there. Cancelo would have been ideal

Yes, in hindsight. Most were rightly skeptical about him before Inter loaned him and Juventus eventually decided to sign him after Inter refused to buy him. Mostly due to lack of funds but if they really had wanted him they would have bought him instead of Nainggolan. He seems to fit better in Italy as well. In any case, I don't think that Roberto should be anything more than a RB substitute. I rate Semedo higher in particular defensively and in terms of physical tolls such as quickness, strength etc. However he has not fully convinced me either 1.5 season into his career. Too timid offensively.

Read that the club and Betis plan to buy (if they have not already done so) some talented Brazilian RB youngster in a co-ownership deal where he will be loaned out to Betis and we can buy him for a very reasonable fee. Will be interesting to see if he could turn into another Dani Alves or Douglas.

Riordon

Yes, in hindsight. Most were rightly skeptical about him before Inter loaned him and Juventus eventually decided to sign him after Inter refused to buy him. Mostly due to lack of funds but if they really had wanted him they would have bought him instead of Nainggolan. He seems to fit better in Italy as well. In any case, I don't think that Roberto should be anything more than a RB substitute. I rate Semedo higher in particular defensively and in terms of physical tolls such as quickness, strength etc. However he has not fully convinced me either 1.5 season into his career.

Read that the club and Betis plan to buy (if they have not already done so) some talented Brazilian youngster in a co-ownership deal where he will be loaned out to Betis and we can buy him for a very reasonable fee. Will be interesting to see if he could turn into another Dani Alves or Douglas.

Do you have the name of the new RB? Been following Youcef Atal past weeks. Looks like a Cancelo-esque RB, take a look.

Roberto should play as a DM backup IMO and I dont really rate Semedo. But if someone new doesnt emerges I can live with Semedo. He does okay when Dembele is in front of hi

EDIT: I has high hopes in Morey but let’s see how he return

Last edited:

Porque

Read that the club and Betis plan to buy (if they have not already done so) some talented Brazilian youngster in a co-ownership deal where he will be loaned out to Betis and we can buy him for a very reasonable fee. Will be interesting to see if he could turn into another Dani Alves or Douglas.

[youtube]gV0wcnNEXGg[/youtube]

Emerson of Atletic Mineiro. Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in his aswell. His reported fee (9million) is well worth investing as we would cover his purchase selling Semedo (lets face it, He would be sold before Bob) or possibly even Wague.

Interesting that the club would trust Setien to develop him as well. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Do you have the name of the new RB? Been following Youcef Atal past weeks. Looks like a Cancelo-esque RB, take a look.

Roberto should play as a DM backup IMO and I dont really rate Semedo. But if someone new doesnt emerges I can live with Semedo. He does okay when Dembele is in front of him

Sure. His name is Emerson and he is 19 years old and plays for Clube Atlético Mineiro.

https://www.transfermarkt.es/emerson/profil/spieler/476344

Apparently Abidal and Segura are impressed. They watched him in action for Brazil U20 and were convinced of landing him. If local sources are to be believed. I have a Brazilian mate (old friend from the university) who is a Clube Atlético Mineiro supporter and he rates him highly for all it is worth.

Yes, Semedo is twice the player when he plays with Dembélé due to Dembélé creating so much space for him and thus helping hide Semedo's offensive limitations. Him playing next to a quick player, as himself, also makes his job easier. Hence the rather frequent one-two's when they play or at least I have noticed that quite a lot.

Sure, I can live with Semedo as well but ideally we would buy a genuinely world class RB that could be a consistent offensive threat. In particular given our non-existent "right side/flank" whenever Dembélé is not playing as a nominal RW in a 4-3-3.

Riordon

Sure. His name is Emerson and he is 19 years old and plays for Clube Atlético Mineiro.

https://www.transfermarkt.es/emerson/profil/spieler/476344

Apparently Abidal and Segura are impressed. They watched him in action for Brazil U20 and were convinced of landing him. If local sources are to be believed. I have a Brazilian mate (old friend from the university) who is a Clube Atlético Mineiro and he rates him highly for all it is worth.

Yes, Semedo is twice the player when he plays with Dembélé due to Dembélé creating so much space for him and thus helping hide Semedo's offensive limitations. Him playing next to a quick player, as himself, also makes his job easier. Hence the rather frequent one-two's when they play or at least I have noticed that quite a lot.

Sure, I can live with Semedo as well but ideally we would buy a genuinely world class RB that could be a consistent offensive threat. In particular given our non-existent "right side/flank" whenever Dembélé is not playing as a nominal RW in a 4-3-3.

Sounds good, will have a look at him

Porque

Atal looks a better fit for us than Emerson. Although Emerson is 2.5 years younger, he seems to have a style like Theo Hernandez.

We saw how even despite being great in a LaLiga side like Alaves, that an offensive game entirely reliant on pace and vertical dribbles does not cut it at the very top.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans