20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

He was poor today but I also don't get why Valverde decided it was a good idea to play him right after he got back from Injury, against a pretty good team in an away game.

Messigician

Roberto was so solid. The opposition gave up trying to get past his flank and aent all out on Alba's side. But the Roberto attack force on here is assembling faster than Voltron because of their agenda.

Shame

FCBfan22

Roberto was so solid. The opposition gave up trying to get past his flank and aent all out on Alba's side. But the Roberto attack force on here is assembling faster than Voltron because of their agenda.

Shame

There were 15-20 crosses coming from Roberto's side. One of them resulted in 1st goal, combined with pathetic defending in front of a goal. They were present during the whole game.

Messigician

There were 15-20 crosses coming from Roberto's side. One of them resulted in 1st goal, combined with pathetic defending in front of a goal. They were present during the whole game.

Ok i see your point but i do not agree with it. Alba's flank was much less well defended imo.

FCBfan22

Ok i see your point but i do not agree with it. Alba's flank was much less well defended imo.

Disagree. First half was constantly attacks from their left. In the 2nd all our systems collapsed and they were attacking from all sides.

The thing is that we just can't allow so many crosses in our box with such a shambolic defense. Our in-box defending has been pathetic, so if you allow so many crosses, it's an accident waiting to happen. World class teams will come to us, cross the living shit out of our defense (like prime crossing Madrid) and score 2-3 goals that way.

And no, this isn't an attack on Bob, but it's just a fact that he alone can't defend our right flank. In the CL with Mane, Divemar, Sane or similar, this is a suicide. They have 1 man to beat to get to the goal.

We have basically 3 options

1. Play Semedo in the current system
2. Fix our in-box defending
3. Change the system and incorporate Dembele at RW to help Bob

Messigician

Disagree. First half was constantly attacks from their left. In the 2nd all our systems collapsed and they were attacking from all sides.

The thing is that we just can't allow so many crosses in our box with such a shambolic defense. Our in-box defending has been pathetic, so if you allow so many crosses, it's an accident waiting to happen. World class teams will come to us, cross the living shit out of our defense (like prime crossing Madrid) and score 2-3 goals that way.

And no, this isn't an attack on Bob, but it's just a fact that he alone can't defend our right flank. In the CL with Mane, Divemar, Sane or similar, this is a suicide. They have 1 man to beat to get to the goal.

We have basically 3 options

1. Play Semedo in the current system
2. Fix our in-box defending
3. Change the system and incorporate Dembele at RW to help Bob

Not many players can cross the ball thst well because they don't have tall physical players like Getafe.

For example Madrid cross the ball to no one since Ronaldo has left. We have Pique to deal with most aerial threats.

khaled_a_d

Will never happen. Valverde doesn't have the balls.

How is Roberto playing related to "having the balls"? The guy has benched 2 of the 4 most expensive players in football with no problem.
He just likes Roberto, which is understandable considering the alternative is Semedo who doesn't set the world on fire either.

FCBfan22

Not many players can cross the ball thst well because they don't have tall physical players like Getafe.

For example Madrid cross the ball to no one since Ronaldo has left. We have Pique to deal with most aerial threats.

You don't need a tall physical striker for our defence. All you need to do against our defense is 2nd post crosses, while having your striker eliminating Pique from the game. Alba and Lenglet are shambolic in dealing with crosses.

This was demonstrated by Getafe numerous times today. Here are two examples, the first Getafe disallowed goal and the Getafe goal.

[youtube]PhstuC3JN4M[/youtube]

Cule4life

The Culest
He was poor today but I also don't get why Valverde decided it was a good idea to play him right after he got back from Injury, against a pretty good team in an away game.

Valverde is a bot. His code is (If not injured or suspended play gala XI else B team player). He has no consciousness or critical thinking. Not his fault. AI has evolved that much yet.

KingLeo10

Outside of 2-3 Clasicos and that PSG game, roberto has been the very definition of average over the last 4 years. Useful backup, but should be nowhere near the first XI.

xXKonan

He's hit his ceiling in terms of talent and ability and he should be used as a utility player off the bench.

At this point, I think we have seen enough out of both him and Semedo and what their pros and cons are in the RB spot. Time to either find a new RB or give Wague a chance at it.

Home of Barca Fans