Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 6326

Thread: 20 - Sergi Roberto

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Why would they?
    Because he is miles ahead of Odriozola, has more experience, is way more suited for that Spains possession style and can play multiple positions?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. He won't play anyway and can enjoy honeymoon with his beautiful wife instead. Better when he gets rest for the upcoming season.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too late now to be called up anyway unless there's a mass injury crisis with Carvajal,Odriozola and Nacho getting injured as everything is set in stone.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to tidbit on Sport's front cover, Abidal wants Roberto to play in the Midfield again.

Can't see that happening at all though since Valverde sees him mostly as a RB now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    According to tidbit on Sport's front cover, Abidal wants Roberto to play in the Midfield again.

Can't see that happening at all though since Valverde sees him mostly as a RB now.
    We could sign Odriozola and move him in the midfield rotating with Rakitic,Busi,Paulinho,Arthur and eventually Alena.

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Roberto is better suited at RB, he's a very average midfielder. I really hope this isn't Abidal's plan going forward and we only sign Arthur, at the very least we need someone like Thiago.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, yes, yes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abidal is right.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raki View Post
    Abidal is right.
    Well that's the thing, Abidal is not the coach though. Abidal may see Roberto as a Midfielder but Valverde sees him as a RB first and foremost.

With the likes of Rakitic,Busi,Coutinho,Paulinho being around for Midfield options. And then you have Arthur coming in and Alena being promoted and when he gets fit and you also have to take into an account if we also buy another CM like Pjanic/Thiago etc. Heck Valverde likes Oriol as well.

It will be insanely difficult for Roberto at this point to ever go back to being a full time CM again. He already has the established Midfielders in front of him and the potential ones in Arthur and Alena and even B team options like Oriol as well.

I feel like one of the biggest reasons why Valverde used Roberto as a RM in the CL matches is because we didn't have Coutinho available to play in the CL as he was cup tied and Paulinho was a disaster as a RM as well.

Roberto has flaws at RB but right now that's his only real chance of playing and contributing the most for the team.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested which RB from Ligue 1 Abidal has his eyes on if we'd go with his plan. The article I've read yesterday said it should be someone young, talented and not too expensive but at the same time that player should probably also accept to be Semedo's backup.

We were linked to Almamy Toure from Monaco in the past but with Sidibe likely sold I think they'll want to keep him though his contract is expiring next year so he could be an option.

Don't know anything about him but I've seen that St.Etienne has sold Saidy Janko to Porto yesterday for 3M. He's 22 and Porto usually can recognize talent so who knows, maybe he'll be good but it's too late now anyway. ASSE have another young RB named RonaŽl Pierre-Gabriel who's only 20 and I've seen that Valencia is closely following him alongside Malcuit (Lille, 26). RB Leipzig has bought Nordi Mukiele (also only 20) from Montpellier for around 16M and they are another club with good scouting. Other suggestions?

Though as @xXKonan said in the end it's EV's decision where Roberto will play and while he could get more minutes in midfield I still think he'll primarily stay at RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I'm interested which RB from Ligue 1 Abidal has his eyes on if we'd go with his plan. The article I've read yesterday said it should be someone young, talented and not too expensive but at the same time that player should probably also accept to be Semedo's backup.

We were linked to Almamy Toure from Monaco in the past but with Sidibe likely sold I think they'll want to keep him though his contract is expiring next year so he could be an option.

Don't know anything about him but I've seen that St.Etienne has sold Saidy Janko to Porto yesterday for 3M. He's 22 and Porto usually can recognize talent so who knows, maybe he'll be good but it's too late now anyway. ASSE have another young RB named RonaŽl Pierre-Gabriel who's only 20 and I've seen that Valencia is closely following him alongside Malcuit (Lille, 26). RB Leipzig has bought Nordi Mukiele (also only 20) from Montpellier for around 16M and they are another club with good scouting. Other suggestions?

Though as @xXKonan said in the end it's EV's decision where Roberto will play and while he could get more minutes in midfield I still think he'll primarily stay at RB.
    As a Celtic supporter, I know all about Saidy Janko from his time in Glasgow.

He is very fast but very poor in every other area.

That was a couple of years ago though so maybe he has improved since then.
    ďIf you can go and play at a full Celtic Park on Champions League night then you can play anywhere. The fans create a crazy atmosphere like nothing I have ever heard. ďI do hope in the future we can draw Celtic again because even though we lost it is one of the best stadiums to play football in the world". Andres Iniesta

As journalist Santi Ovalle wrote: "Messi's performance will not go down in history but no other player is capable of a performance like that. He has normalised genius."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Spain starting RB #Carvajalwho

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meeting between Abidal,Planas and Segura with Valverde tomorrow. They propose to move Roberto back into the Midfield and sign a Right Back.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meeting between Abidal,Planas and Segura with Valverde tomorrow. They propose to move Roberto back into the Midfield and sign a Right Back.
    so the journalists were invited?
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To bad he's a better right back