20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

Too late now to be called up anyway unless there's a mass injury crisis with Carvajal,Odriozola and Nacho getting injured as everything is set in stone.

xXKonan

According to tidbit on Sport's front cover, Abidal wants Roberto to play in the Midfield again.

Can't see that happening at all though since Valverde sees him mostly as a RB now.

psychotsek

According to tidbit on Sport's front cover, Abidal wants Roberto to play in the Midfield again.

Can't see that happening at all though since Valverde sees him mostly as a RB now.

We could sign Odriozola and move him in the midfield rotating with Rakitic,Busi,Paulinho,Arthur and eventually Alena.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think Roberto is better suited at RB, he's a very average midfielder. I really hope this isn't Abidal's plan going forward and we only sign Arthur, at the very least we need someone like Thiago.

xXKonan

Abidal is right.
Well that's the thing, Abidal is not the coach though. Abidal may see Roberto as a Midfielder but Valverde sees him as a RB first and foremost.

With the likes of Rakitic,Busi,Coutinho,Paulinho being around for Midfield options. And then you have Arthur coming in and Alena being promoted and when he gets fit and you also have to take into an account if we also buy another CM like Pjanic/Thiago etc. Heck Valverde likes Oriol as well.

It will be insanely difficult for Roberto at this point to ever go back to being a full time CM again. He already has the established Midfielders in front of him and the potential ones in Arthur and Alena and even B team options like Oriol as well.

I feel like one of the biggest reasons why Valverde used Roberto as a RM in the CL matches is because we didn't have Coutinho available to play in the CL as he was cup tied and Paulinho was a disaster as a RM as well.

Roberto has flaws at RB but right now that's his only real chance of playing and contributing the most for the team.

Messi983

I'm interested which RB from Ligue 1 Abidal has his eyes on if we'd go with his plan. The article I've read yesterday said it should be someone young, talented and not too expensive but at the same time that player should probably also accept to be Semedo's backup.

We were linked to Almamy Toure from Monaco in the past but with Sidibe likely sold I think they'll want to keep him though his contract is expiring next year so he could be an option.

Don't know anything about him but I've seen that St.Etienne has sold Saidy Janko to Porto yesterday for 3M. He's 22 and Porto usually can recognize talent so who knows, maybe he'll be good but it's too late now anyway. ASSE have another young RB named Ronaël Pierre-Gabriel who's only 20 and I've seen that Valencia is closely following him alongside Malcuit (Lille, 26). RB Leipzig has bought Nordi Mukiele (also only 20) from Montpellier for around 16M and they are another club with good scouting. Other suggestions?

Though as [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] said in the end it's EV's decision where Roberto will play and while he could get more minutes in midfield I still think he'll primarily stay at RB.

BADGERBHOY

I'm interested which RB from Ligue 1 Abidal has his eyes on if we'd go with his plan. The article I've read yesterday said it should be someone young, talented and not too expensive but at the same time that player should probably also accept to be Semedo's backup.

We were linked to Almamy Toure from Monaco in the past but with Sidibe likely sold I think they'll want to keep him though his contract is expiring next year so he could be an option.

Don't know anything about him but I've seen that St.Etienne has sold Saidy Janko to Porto yesterday for 3M. He's 22 and Porto usually can recognize talent so who knows, maybe he'll be good but it's too late now anyway. ASSE have another young RB named Ronaël Pierre-Gabriel who's only 20 and I've seen that Valencia is closely following him alongside Malcuit (Lille, 26). RB Leipzig has bought Nordi Mukiele (also only 20) from Montpellier for around 16M and they are another club with good scouting. Other suggestions?

Though as [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] said in the end it's EV's decision where Roberto will play and while he could get more minutes in midfield I still think he'll primarily stay at RB.

As a Celtic supporter, I know all about Saidy Janko from his time in Glasgow.

He is very fast but very poor in every other area.

That was a couple of years ago though so maybe he has improved since then.

xXKonan

[tw]1016738296997797889[/tw]

Meeting between Abidal,Planas and Segura with Valverde tomorrow. They propose to move Roberto back into the Midfield and sign a Right Back.

xXKonan

My theory is that the three of them feel getting one really good CM and another RB is easier than getting two good CMs to replace Paulinho and possibly filling in Iniesta. We have Arthur but we really need another CM as well.

They will use Roberto as the Paulinho replacement and getting much better CM to help fill the void Iniesta left to go along with Arthur.

Home of Barca Fans