20 - Sergi Roberto

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
He has great potential to make it. Very versatile. Can use both his feet and can play as central striker and a winger as well.

Trequartista

The good
He won`t make it imo. His playing position is the same as Kaka`s and there is no palce for him in our current system...

Only his versatility can "save" him...

He will make it here,I am sure of that.

Find it odd that noone mentioned Sergi Roberto in these preseason matches. I think he has done very well. A new Iniesta one might say.
e__archivo_photo_10_1_1_20100809_YBA01F2-2.tif6.jpg

Btw. Catalan press have Roberto as a MoM vs. Guoan.
He was the most player who impressed me in the pre season,I rate him even ahead of Thiago and JDS,both are ahead of him for now but the kid is superb,Lucho even picked him ahead of JDS and Thaigo a couple of times,I dont think that he is a new Iniesta,HE has a completely different style,he reminds me of Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Barcafan 2304

Looked good vs Guouan....or whoever they are. Big positives from this pre-season so far is the youth that have played and have looked very promising. I hope it continues. Supercup games against Sevilla would be a great arena to blood them

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Sergi Roberto had a decent match. He was supposed to be Thiago's replacement last night but somehow failed to impose himself in midfield. I still think he is one of our biggest prospects.

Madness

I think Sergi Roberto had a decent match. He was supposed to be Thiago's replacement last night but somehow failed to impose himself in midfield. I still think he is one of our biggest prospects.

When I tuned into the match, I honestly thought Messi was playing on the field...turns out it was actually Sergi Roberto. I was very impressed by his play, especially the volley into the top corner of the goal that was saved by the keeper.

Hope to see much more of him at Barca in the future.

Trequartista

The good
he is a unique player in our academy,thats why I beleive he will make it here,he will provide something Keita provides now in 3-4 years

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Decided to share this article on Sergi Roberto.

Taken from fcb.cat

2010-11-06_FCB_B_-_VILLARREAL_B_010.jpg

Contract renewed until 2012
Sergi Roberto extended his contract with FC Barcelona until 2012 on 23rd of June. A good season with Barça B made the renewal possible with his club. Last season Sergi Roberto made the move from Juvenil A to Barça B and under Luis Enrique he went on to play in 29 games, who felt that he was one of key players for Barca B's promotion to la Segunda.

He is one of the greatest promises in the team and in merely two seasons he has become an invaluable member of Luis Enrique's squad. Against Ceuta he may have his first official match for the first team.

Sergi Roberto is the only one of the five players from the B team who has not played an official match for the first team as of yet. The Reus-born player may have his dream come true this Wednesday before the faithful of Camp Nou, even though he has the experience of playing under Guardiola, for the fact that he played during the pre-season.

The midfielder of the 21st century

This young player born in Reus on 7th of February 1992 has the profile of the "total" midfielder. He has a good technical ability while being aggressive in the defence and strong in the air. He has a knack of raising to the box from the midfield, while still not having scored with the team. Sergi Roberto made a quick jump last season to Barça B after a short spell in Juvenil A. He is fast, has a good tactical understanding of the game, with a great positioning sense, and moreover, very disciplined in his defensive duties. He is very mature for his age and had an unpredented development ever since his years in Cadet.

Praises from Guardiola

Josep Guardiola knows Sergi Roberton quite well, since he was one of the players from the youth-team that took part in the Asian tour. The midfielder wasn't out of depth at all, and he even went on to scoring a goal against Guon.

During the press conference on Tuesday, Guardiola highlighted the bright future Robero has in front of everybody: “Sergi Roberto is a player with some really important qualities for the future. Luis Enrique has given him plenty of confidence and he's a vital player for the youth team. He's a player with something different, something special. He's an extraordinary boy, with a great future ahead of him”.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So Robereto got rewarded for signing with a debut for 1st team.
Hard to rate when he came on. One player extra, Segunda B team opposition... but he looked ok and comfortable on the ball and made some nice runs.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I must say that the quality of players coming out of our academy is brialliant. We are the new Ajax.

SwiftGuyver

i think quite a few of our current youth team products have a realistic shot at becoming regular first team squad members over the next 3-5 years...

obviously there are no guarantees but i think the following players all have a great chance to succeed at Barca if they work hard and have the right attitude...

DEFENSE
Andreu Fontàs
Marc Muniesa
Albert Dalmau
Martin Montoya

MIDFIELD
Thiago Alcântara
Rafa Alcântara
Sergi Roberto
Oriol Romeu

ATTACK
Gerard Deulofeu
Gaël Etock
Jean Marie Dongou

Richard.H

i think quite a few of our current youth team products have a realistic shot at becoming regular first team squad members over the next 3-5 years...

obviously there are no guarantees but i think the following players all have a great chance to succeed at Barca if they work hard and have the right attitude...

DEFENSE
Andreu Fontàs
Marc Muniesa
Albert Dalmau
Martin Montoya

MIDFIELD
Thiago Alcântara
Rafa Alcântara
Sergi Roberto
Oriol Romeu

ATTACK
Gerard Deulofeu
Gaël Etock
Jean Marie Dongou

I think you forgot Marc Bartra, perhaps the one with the biggest chance for first team after Fontas.

SwiftGuyver

ah yeah fair play...shit i knew i'd missed out one or two other names...

yeah add Bartra in there aswelll for sure...

Home of Barca Fans