20 - Sergi Roberto

Catta

Why would those two have any relevance to Roberto?

They don't have by position, but are vastly inferior by quality, and are only in the squad because they play for Real. Also Roberto is a better RB than Nacho and a better winger than Lucas.

JamDav1982

They don't have by position, but are vastly inferior by quality, and are only in the squad because they play for Real. Also Roberto is a better RB than Nacho and a better winger than Lucas.

He isnt a better winger than Lucas who has proven very good at coming off bench for Real and Nacho wont be there to play RB.

No player is getting picked just because play for Real.

xXKonan

Looking at that Cadena ser tidbit I posted on the last page and while I know Roberto isn't perfect at RB but man just the way that sounds seems harsh. "Lopetegui didn't include him in the 35 player roster and he doesn't seem to like Roberto at RB or overall"

[tw]998651620899590144[/tw]

Seems like a dig at Lopetegui. I guess is even if Roberto remains a starter here and performs at a decent level he likely won't ever be picked for Spain in big tournaments by the looks of it.

khaled_a_d

Looking at that Cadena ser tidbit I posted on the last page and while I know Roberto isn't perfect at RB but man just the way that sounds seems harsh. "Lopetegui didn't include him in the 35 player roster and he doesn't seem to like Roberto at RB or overall"

[tw]998651620899590144[/tw]

Seems like a dig at Lopetegui. I guess is even if Roberto remains a starter here and performs at a decent level he likely won't ever be picked for Spain in big tournaments by the looks of it.

Interesting line up for sure

Stoichkov1

He isnt a better winger than Lucas who has proven very good at coming off bench for Real and Nacho wont be there to play RB.

No player is getting picked just because play for Real.

Like Arbeloa or Morata who hasn't been picked as soon as he stopped playing for Real?

JamDav1982

Arbeloa was called for every tournament despite being a crap player.

Also Morata hasn't been picked as soon as he stopped playing for Real.

Nah he was picked while at Liverpool so not because he was at Real.

Morata has been picked for Spain and been shit for Chelsea so again poor point.

Givenchy

He misses out officially and I've seen a lot of meltdowns due to it on twitter earlier.

I know people are mad about but it's pretty simple why he wasn't called up. It's because he doesn't offer anything different to the likes of Carvajal, Odriozola and Azpilicueta and it's the same in the Midfield for Spain he's not anywhere near as good as the starters and the second string CM players.

at RB it was his best shot but Carvajal provides both going forward and defending, Odriozola is much better going forward than Roberto and Azpilicueta is a far superior defender who can play in all positions in the back line when needed same with Nacho.

Tough luck for Bob though since he did have a great first half to the season but it is what it is I guess.

i still think off the bench he could of been a good utility player, amazed he didn't make the 35 pre-list. did he fuck Lopetegui's wife or something?

Home of Barca Fans