20 - Sergi Roberto

Catta

Roberto had a solid game, was not as horrible as most of you say. Had some great blocks. Looked bad just because he had no support on the right.

ASordidGod

Roberto had a solid game, was not as horrible as most of you say. Had some great blocks. Looked bad just because he had no support on the right.

Oh he wasn't dreadful, you're right. Just the same mistakes/flaws week in, week out. Yet despite his obvious deficiencies, he still seems to be first team which I find puzzling, I'll admit.

serghei

Our RB needs to hold his own in 1 vs 1. Simple as that. Every player from the other team tries to force 1 vs 1 with Roberto because they know he can be dribbled pretty easily. When there's overload on his flank, yea, he can't do much in 1 vs 2 cases. But a lot of the duels he loses are simple attacker vs defender cases where the attacker dribbles the defender. He is soft and goes for the feint too often.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

He is versatile player, so we can always use him, but playing him as a #1 RB is not the way to go. SEmedo needs to be the starter, If we want to win something in CL. He is so much better defenseman.

xXKonan

Not all that surprising on how poor he is defending but what surprises me a bit is just how poor he is going forward now.

Not showing anything attacking wise like he did in the first part of the season for the past several months now.

FinBarcelonafan

Not all that surprising on how poor he is defending but what surprises me a bit is just how poor he is going forward now.

Not showing anything attacking wise like he did in the first part of the season for the past several months now.

Teams probably scouted him out. They know his tricks now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He is a woeful defender, truly. His instincts are all wrong and the teams that have threatened us the most are the ones that target him on the flanks.

Going forward he's very much a one-track mind kind of player and has regressed. Doesn't offer enough more than Semedo (or much at all really) to warrant playing despite being far, far worse on the defensive end.

Hope EV figures this out and starts Semedo soon because Roberto will be a huge weak link to be exploited against difficult CL opponents down the line.

Zincubus

Banned
Don't think he is the best option for RB but he is not to blame for the first goal. He was playing 1 on 2.

He was , once again, out of position in the first goal .. then gave the guy enough time to control it comfortably, then let him actually PASS it to the scorer !

It wasn't even a cross , he had space to pick the guy out and actually PASS it straight to him 'n

Cule4life

The Culest
He got more rekt that a hooker on overtime. Gave so much space to attackers they could practically pitch a tent and have a picnic on his flank.

Can somebody tell me where is this "great attacking end product" of Roberto that i haven't managed to see yet and has been used to defend his starting over Semedo? You guys must be wearing special glasses which makes you see stuff others can't.

Sadly i see Valverde keep starting him over Semedo. That man has no vision.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
And that's why you don't play Roberto together with Dembele, that right side is disaster with those two. One can't defend and another one doesn't defend at all. If Dembele starts then Semedo should start, if Roberto starts, then you need to play one of Paulinho, Gomes or Vidal on the right side to help Roberto out in defence.

Cule4life

The Culest
if Roberto starts, then you need to play one of Paulinho, Gomes or Vidal on the right side to help Roberto out in defence.

They can help him avoid being double teamed but no one can help Roberto getting rekt 1 on 1. That guy isn't a proper RB deal with it.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
They can help him avoid being double teamed but no one can help Roberto getting rekt 1 on 1. They guy isn't a proper RB deal with it.

They sometimes take his defensive duties completely and push him deeper, it's a solution if Semedo is not available, but Semedo should start in big games.

Home of Barca Fans